cables

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
01/09/2002 11:52 pm
i recently bought some fender eletro-volt cables, however whe i turn on the distortion, the sound will flicker. also sometimes the distortion will fade in and out. and the sound seems to flucuate a little. i have had no probelems with my distortion pedal before, and was wondering if it is the cables, are tehy defective or is there a break-in period or something.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/10/2002 6:47 pm
It sounds (pun intended) there is an intermittent connection in your cable. One of the connections at either plug might be loose, or there may be a break in the wire of the cable itself.

If there's a warranty on the cables you should take 'em back. Otherwise, you'll have to either pay a tech to fix the problem, or try to do it yourself.

Its unlikely that more than one cable is giving trouble, but still, it shouldn't be your problem!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
friskynibbles
friskynibbles
01/11/2002 11:22 pm
my 10ft old cable (10 months old) is on it's way out *sigh*... I play gently but STILL it's starting to break up near the head. :(
*shrug*
# 3
Bardsley
Bardsley
01/12/2002 10:36 am
If you look ater your cables they shouldn't go as soon as 10 months. I've had two cables for about 2 years now, and neither of them are causing any problems. If you coil them properly, and don't leave them in your guitar or amp, they should last.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.