One month in...

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/18/2001 5:47 am
I'm glad to see you guys using this new forum. It feels good when somebody gets the info they need.

I find that my perspective has changed a bit, and I see my posts a little differently, now. Some personal notes:

• I've been 'round the block a time or two. Some people call this experience. Some call it bad navigation.

• I'm old enough that, in theory, I could teach the History of Rock'n'Roll from memory. In practice, it means that my memory is not always accurate.. and even the things I remember accurately could have been wrong in the first place!

• There's a fine line between sharing accumulated knowlege, and being a 'know-it-all'. I write long-winded replies, sometimes to people who already have a good understanding of the topic, because I want anyone who reads the thread to know what we're talking about.

• If you have a question about how things work, (or why they don't work), this is the place to ask it. If you have an answer, jump on in with it. There's more than one way to do just about anything. Some of them even work.

• If you think I screwed up, (or even if you only think I did :D LOL), please post that. This is a forum - a place to discuss things.

• I've been a 'tech' for about the same length of time that I've been a musician. I long ago made my choice about which path I would take as a career, and which would become a hobby. Nobody pays my bills for the chance to hear my music, but God, I love to play!!

Thank you, Jon, for creating this very special website for the weird, crazed bunch of people known as Guitar Players. Thank you, everyone, for making it the special place that it is.

Peace On,
L.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1

10/18/2001 12:03 pm
amen
# 2
Bardsley
Bardsley
10/18/2001 1:25 pm
And this forum will continue to grow. It is important to have such a forum, as its mere existance can encourage people to think more about the techy side of things. In turn, everyone here can start gaining a greater insight into their gear, and this forum can really start delving into the nitty-gritty.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/23/2001 2:30 am
It's my experience that being a gigging musician very quickly turns you into an engineer and a master jury-rigger. It's always nice to share all of the tricks we pick up, not just the ones on the fretboard.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.