May '07 GT interview -- magicninja

earthman buck
earthman buck
04/21/2007 4:18 am
This month’s interview is with none other than magicninja. As a super-mod, Ninj keeps a watchful eye on all the forums here at GuitarTricks. He is the man behind the GT solo assignments (which he urges everyone to participate in), and he also runs GT’s myspace page. To top it all off, he is the owner of the only good-looking Les Paul in existence. :)

What’s the story behind you starting to play guitar?

I've always had a passion for music. I think if you're human it's required. Anyhow I got into guitar when my best friend, we'll call him Eli (because that's his name) got an acoustic guitar for his birthday when we were 14. He taught me a song or two that he learned and I eventually got a bass actually. I gave up on that soon enough and got me a Epiphone LP Special II. Haven't looked back since.

Do you find inspiration in the same kind of music as you did then, or have your tastes changed?

I have always been into Classic Rock. That'll never change. When I first started playing guitar I listened to a lot of Nu-metal to be honest but those days are long gone. Since I picked up the guitar I have found a passion for Jazz and Neo-Classical shred. I've also taken to the virtuoso styles of Satriani and Vai. So my tastes have changed a lot I'd say since I began playing guitar. I think it happens to everyone once they start to appreciate their instrument.

Are you working on any new material at the moment?

Nothing too serious really. I've put together some simple chord progressions for my friend to put some lyrics over but nothing major.

What happened to your wife? I remember her joining up a while back, but I haven’t seen her since then. Does she still play?

Guitar? No, she doesn't have the drive I suppose but if she ever wants to try again you might see her around.

I know you’re into astronomy. What’s your favourite nebula?

My favorite nebula.......hmmmmm......I'd have to go with the Cat's Eye Nebula aka NGC 6543.

Good call.
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.