Listening Post Spotlight-Ian PLG-Dec. '06

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
11/28/2006 12:41 am
The Listening Post Spotlight

This month's spotlight shines on an original composition, "Imagination", written, played, and recorded by GT member, Ian PLG. Ian, or Ivan, is a recent addition (Nov. '06) to the GT community and is from Moscow, Russia. While he's done recordings for other bands, this is his first solo demo project where he's done all the tracks. Ian said about it, "creation of it was very hard, cause I did all the song from start to end (alone) for 1st time (before I was only recording guitar)."
Track Info

He titled the thread he posted the track under as Shred & Fusion...aptly titled indeed! Shredders will certainly appreciate the fast picking, tapping, tremelo, and other "tricks", but this is contrasted with a haunting soulful break in the middle-end. The guitar tones were achieved with a custom built guitar with Dimarzio pickups, Bad Horsie 2 Wah pedal, Soldano Sp-77 preamp, and a Hughes & Kettner Metroverb amp. The amp was connected to the computer through a custom combo-emulator, and recorded into Cubase Sx2. For drums he used Battery 2, and mixed/mastered in Waves 4.
Review

"Imagination is about conflict between love and hate inside me. My feelings torment and break me off. I imagine that I rush on the road faster than the wind. Then love softens me, like cold rain in a deep forest, and I feel numb and lonely...but hate floods in on me again."

This range of emotion is evident in the progression of the song, from the aggressive main riff and blistering solo, to the sampled rainstorm with volume swelled guitar.

"Almost at once I knew how Imagination should sound. It was playing inside me."

Ian has stated in the forum that his English isn't that great...but he certainly communicates well enough through his guitar, the language we all appreciate here!

Original thread:
http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20983
As this is his first demo, he would appreciate further comments/suggestions/critiques.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 1
Ian PLG
Ian PLG
01/11/2007 9:35 pm
Thanx for this review(it touched my heart)...i'll try to write new composes, &hope you'll enjoy they too)))
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.