Schecter research to prs se

Guitar Tricks Forum > Gear Reviews > Schecter research to prs se

KellyAM

Full Access

I'll give a quick drop for my first guitar which was a beautiful Schecter. It looked nice and played well. But as time went on I began to realize, the fret board was simply too skinny and I couldn't grip the next without cramping my fingers. Otherwise great guitar!

Traded back in before my new one last night, a PSR SE. Next fits my hands way better and the sound options are fully loaded.

As for amps, I started off with a Fender Musstang v.2. It was cool but the Fender software doesn't work so you're on your own for setting up presets and storing them which is a little clunky. Otherwise great tone for indoor practice and can get quite loud.

I sold that back on the streets for the same 50 bucks and bought a Line6 modeling amp. Never looked back! Great amp and has cloud software you can use to download and instantly configure user presets.

I'll give a quick drop for my first guitar which was a beautiful Schecter. It looked nice and played well. But as time went on I began to realize, the fret board was simply too skinny and I couldn't grip the next without cramping my fingers. Otherwise great guitar!

Traded back in before my new one last night, a PSR SE. Next fits my hands way better and the sound options are fully loaded.

As for amps, I started off with a Fender Musstang v.2. It was cool but the Fender software doesn't work so you're on your own for setting up presets and storing them which is a little clunky. Otherwise great tone for indoor practice and can get quite loud.

I sold that back on the streets for the same 50 bucks and bought a Line6 modeling amp. Never looked back! Great amp and has cloud software you can use to download and instantly configure user presets.

matonanjin2

Full Access

Congratulations on the new PRS! Which SE model did you get? It is just nearly impossible, in my opinion, to go wrong with a PRS. Impeccable attention to detail, unbelievable playability and they are just so gorgeous. I have a couple handfuls of guitars, 2 of which are PRS. The others are the usual suspects: Gibsons, Strats. I have to force myself to play anything but the PRS.

Enjoy your new guitar a long time!

Congratulations on the new PRS! Which SE model did you get? It is just nearly impossible, in my opinion, to go wrong with a PRS. Impeccable attention to detail, unbelievable playability and they are just so gorgeous. I have a couple handfuls of guitars, 2 of which are PRS. The others are the usual suspects: Gibsons, Strats. I have to force myself to play anything but the PRS.

Enjoy your new guitar a long time!