Tech21 FlyRig 5

Cliff_kant
Cliff_kant
02/08/2016 10:12 am
I have this pedal for 6 months and it really is great! Tone and the dynamics are pretty good.
But every time I turn on the gain and the OD section the volume increases a lot.
Please suggest some ideas to control the sudden change.
I have a volume pedal, but it's hard to decrease it as I'm more focused on singing.
(FYI, I don't have a sound engineer to control the mix).

Thanks in advance
Cliff
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
02/08/2016 6:35 pm
Originally Posted by: Cliff_kantI have this pedal for 6 months and it really is great! Tone and the dynamics are pretty good.
But every time I turn on the gain and the OD section the volume increases a lot.
Please suggest some ideas to control the sudden change.
I have a volume pedal, but it's hard to decrease it as I'm more focused on singing.
(FYI, I don't have a sound engineer to control the mix).

Thanks in advance
Cliff

There should be a LEVEL option on that pedal so, as you turn up the drive, you can turn the level down to control volume.

Let me know if you have clarifying questions.
# 2
Cliff_kant
Cliff_kant
02/09/2016 5:37 am
Thanks for your answer!

Yes, I do know about the level control but as I'm also singing, so I can't stoop down to change the level control immediately.

Is there something like dynamic volume control, which maintains a constant output level irrespective of input level?
# 3
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
02/09/2016 6:43 pm
Originally Posted by: Cliff_kantThanks for your answer!

Yes, I do know about the level control but as I'm also singing, so I can't stoop down to change the level control immediately.

Is there something like dynamic volume control, which maintains a constant output level irrespective of input level?

It's something that you'll need to set and change before a set. If you do that, you shouldn't have to change anything between songs.

As far as an external control, I would get with the Tech-21 folks and ask them if they have something that works with that particular unit: http://www.tech21nyc.com/contact/index.html
# 4
Cliff_kant
Cliff_kant
02/15/2016 5:19 am
Thanks, I guess you're right. I should set things before the set.
# 5
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
02/16/2016 7:23 pm
Originally Posted by: Cliff_kantThanks, I guess you're right. I should set things before the set.

Yeah I think, unfortunately, that might be your only option with that kind of pedal.

Anything involving volume changes or tempos will typically have to be set fairly regularly. I use a volume pedal and tap tempo that I'm constantly adjusting, even in-between songs.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.