Fender Bullet

Blastman127
Blastman127
01/15/2016 11:22 am
Hi everybody. A friend gave me an original Fender Bullet. From the serial number its an 81. Needs pickups and rewired as well as the finish is shot. Don't mind doing the finish can do some custom work with car paint , guitar is not worth a fortune so can make it mine. But any suggestions as to pickups and parts to make this guitar sound close to a strat? Don't mind investing couple hundred if its worth saving. Hate to see it destroyed. Would like to have a guitar to keep in alternate tuning say OPen G for stones and such.
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
01/16/2016 3:15 am
Originally Posted by: Blastman127Hi everybody. A friend gave me an original Fender Bullet. From the serial number its an 81. Needs pickups and rewired as well as the finish is shot. Don't mind doing the finish can do some custom work with car paint , guitar is not worth a fortune so can make it mine. But any suggestions as to pickups and parts to make this guitar sound close to a strat? Don't mind investing couple hundred if its worth saving. Hate to see it destroyed. Would like to have a guitar to keep in alternate tuning say OPen G for stones and such.

For the pickups I'd say go with something from Seymour Duncan. Hot Rails would do the trick.
# 2
btgipp
btgipp
10/21/2019 11:22 pm

Check out bootstrap pickups I think you will like them and they are reasonable. Made in USA and they are great folks to work with.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.