fender tele

Xr6
Xr6
10/26/2013 9:05 pm
and looking at fender teles, am looking to play country lead, and maybe some rock and blues,,,
are they any good for rock rythm?
and particuler models at a good price and are worth there money?
# 1
maggior
maggior
10/27/2013 2:19 am
Personally, teles aren't my thing. The style of the guitar just never appealed to me. As a kid, I always lusted for a strat.

However, I have one very positive lasting impression of a tele - I watched my friend's band play in a bar about 12 years ago. They had a fantast guitar player. They played everything from Van Halen, Kiss, Rush, Stone Temple Pilots, Pink Floyd...you name it! He ripped it up with this tele!

I have no idea if it was stock or if it had single coil or humbuckers in it, but he shredded with this guitar.

So I'd say it's capable of more than just what you typically see it used for in country and blues. Andy Summers of the Police played one - not your typical use either.
# 2
JeffS65
JeffS65
10/27/2013 10:36 am
Originally Posted by: Xr6and looking at fender teles, am looking to play country lead, and maybe some rock and blues,,,
are they any good for rock rythm?
and particuler models at a good price and are worth there money?

Tele's are great instruments. It sounds like a good fit for what you need. Tele's were often used for rock (think the Stones). Sure, you probably can't get super fat Metallica black album crunch but a Tele would be great for all kinda of classic rock stuff.
# 3
Jimholian57
Full Access
Jimholian57
Full Access
02/23/2016 5:49 am
One of my best guitars.. It was used more for country in the beginning but you'll see some great players using one from time to time like Clapton, Keith Richards, Pete Townsend. Springstein doesn't play anything else. They are really underestimated as a rock guitar. I personally love my Strat but I will play my Tele for those special tones.
Jim Holian
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.