Ibanez JS1000

oracleguy
oracleguy
05/30/2006 1:20 am
Image : I had my camera stolen so, pardon the vulgar use of a vendor's shot:

Pricing: Well this guy is worth every dine of the 1,329.99 I had to Cha-ching

Pros: Hmmmm, well Satch plays one pretty well. They were 10yrs in the design and development cycle with one of the best slingers on the rock.

All that hyperbolic duff aside, I own 11 guitars. A modest starter collection for some -- an illness to others.

This is the best "playing" axe I now own. I've Strats, a good PRS, Taki's, An SG, BC Rich, blah, blah. This plays the best! No more needs to be said about the playability.

The Dimarzio's are well matched with a coil-tap that engages when you yank the tone control up. Center the pickup switch - solid and noisless, and you too can "pinch like Joe!" Well it' a place to start.

The finish is, um, well almost HOT! so deep and polished out. Flawless, flawless. Did I mention it was really a great color too? Grey so deep almost to be black. Metal flake sparks musical passion into your mate's eyes... I told you, man it's HOT!

It's also so damn light! Almost like balsa wood! The warrenty is outstanding so I'll do my worst!

Cons: Oh man. Let's see. There was some dust on the tomb-like case. Oh and the setup was um, can you say sh!t on this forum? It was gross, but that's OK because what do any of us big axe swinging studs do within the first hours of getting a new screamer? WE SET IT UP (or have someone do it). It's also very, very unforgiving. A tight, multi-radius neck leaves little room for fat-fingering.

Review: This is one of the finest instruments i've ever played. (I've been doing it for 30+ years) Think FAST! think accurate, think demanding. Unlike the fatherly compassion of an LP, you will hear all of your, your um -- opportunities for improvement. (ME TOO!).

This is not (IMHO) a thrash guitar. It's a rock/blues (jazz?) instrument targeted for finger work, speed, and hours of play. Ibanez/Satch -- Bravo!

Summary: A bit pricey for non-Malibou music students. And *VERY* hard to get now. I got the last one from Musifrds.com. The JS1200 is not available via retail till late summer. (same guitar just Red and a Dim. "Joe" what ever that is, neck P/U).

Damn near perfect for me. Light to the touch, screams on demand, *SO FAST*. Fit and finish has NO VISIBLE FLAWS AT ALL --- NOTHING!

I have a few very nice guitars for sale now -- for real.
# 1
pure
pure
05/30/2006 2:16 am
congrats on the new guitar. i know that thing will inspire you to write some good songs and post them up here :)

nice review too.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 2
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
06/03/2006 9:11 am
I've always wanted a JS1000! Unfortunately they're really expensive here, talk about 2000euros, so that dream is far from being realised

thnx for the review, loved it, hope to be able to play on one soon
= good music is good drinking =
# 3
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/09/2006 11:56 pm
Originally Posted by: GuitarPsyI've always wanted a JS1000! Unfortunately they're really expensive here, talk about 2000euros, so that dream is far from being realised

thnx for the review, loved it, hope to be able to play on one soon
damn i cant get over the fact that it only has 22 frets if it had 24 i would buy it because i actually use the 24th fret a little more than often
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 4
redspecial
redspecial
06/10/2006 12:20 am
thats the beauty man, curvy edges... have fun with it... :)
[FONT=Verdana]rest in heavenly peace lil' fox...[/FONT]
# 5
ren
ren
06/23/2006 8:06 am
Yeah man... I posted a review of my JS1000 when I got it a while back - they're just amazing. So amazing in fact that I've now got 2, and just bought the Ibanez fore-runner to the JS, an old 80's Radius off ebay - no multi-radius neck, but still the same beast. They are the only guitars I use live now.

Congrats man... play it all day, and never get backache!!

:)

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.