My first attempt - american woman

Guitar Tricks Forum > Listening Post > My first attempt - american woman

joe160

Full Access

https://soundcloud.com/user-568737218/american-woman?si=21b51eea8a5c4e0eb231d970e86de3f6

So, this is my first attempt at playing and recording any song. I'm just beginning to learn and I'm not the strongest singer. I don't know why I chose this song other than it appeared it would be easy but it wasn't easy for me anyway. And I never used Garage Band before either so that was fun. When all is said and done I had a good time! So, if you feel you have the courage, give my version of The Guess Who's American Woman a listen!

https://soundcloud.com/user-568737218/american-woman?si=21b51eea8a5c4e0eb231d970e86de3f6

So, this is my first attempt at playing and recording any song. I'm just beginning to learn and I'm not the strongest singer. I don't know why I chose this song other than it appeared it would be easy but it wasn't easy for me anyway. And I never used Garage Band before either so that was fun. When all is said and done I had a good time! So, if you feel you have the courage, give my version of The Guess Who's American Woman a listen!

William MG

Full Access

Excellent recording here Joe. Well done!

"If it sounds cool, it is cool!"

Mike O

Works for me!

Excellent recording here Joe. Well done!

"If it sounds cool, it is cool!"

Mike O

Works for me!

JosephAlbert

Full Access

Thanks William MG.

Thanks William MG.

chanelnicoleyu97

I profoundly like your dedicated abilities as the post you distributed has some incredible data which is very valuable for me.

https://www.onevanilla.top/

I profoundly like your dedicated abilities as the post you distributed has some incredible data which is very valuable for me.

https://www.onevanilla.top/

RossPRS24

Full Access

I consider myself an 'intermediate' player on this endless road so that being said, that was really good!!! I'm not sure I could have played that as well!!!

I consider myself an 'intermediate' player on this endless road so that being said, that was really good!!! I'm not sure I could have played that as well!!!

JosephAlbert

Full Access

Thanks RossPRS24. I had fun using Garage Band to record multiple tracks and then mix it. The whole idea of playing multiple tracks was brand new to me. I played the intro on a 12 string Takamine GJ72CE-12NAT tuned in open E which is the first time I ever used an alternate tuning. The rhythm I played on my Les Paul Classic. The "bass" was actually my Fender Standard Strat lowered an octave in Garage Band. The lead solos were done on my Ibanez RG550dx and I used a British amp with distortion in Garage Band. I'm having so much fun and looking forward to my next attempt probably with Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morison.

Thanks RossPRS24. I had fun using Garage Band to record multiple tracks and then mix it. The whole idea of playing multiple tracks was brand new to me. I played the intro on a 12 string Takamine GJ72CE-12NAT tuned in open E which is the first time I ever used an alternate tuning. The rhythm I played on my Les Paul Classic. The "bass" was actually my Fender Standard Strat lowered an octave in Garage Band. The lead solos were done on my Ibanez RG550dx and I used a British amp with distortion in Garage Band. I'm having so much fun and looking forward to my next attempt probably with Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morison.

RossPRS24

Full Access

Holy smokes!!!!!!

Holy smokes!!!!!!

jimk8882

Full Access

Excellent!!!

Excellent!!!

JosephAlbert

Full Access

Brown Eyed Girl is turning out to be much more of a challenege than I thought. Guitar 2 rhythm is pretty easy but the tempo is pretty quick. Which makes Guitar 1 quite difficult for me! So far I've only gotten the first 16 bars or so.

Brown Eyed Girl is turning out to be much more of a challenege than I thought. Guitar 2 rhythm is pretty easy but the tempo is pretty quick. Which makes Guitar 1 quite difficult for me! So far I've only gotten the first 16 bars or so.

abdielrosarioby47

Excellent, Really appreciate.

CredibleBH

Excellent, Really appreciate.

CredibleBH