My progress video | Week 1 - 1,5 Years

Meridirh
Full Access
Meridirh
Full Access
07/09/2017 8:16 am

Hey everyone

I wanted to show you my progress video after 1,5 years of playing the guitar! :) Beware, the beginning might sound rather painful.

I hope this encourages everyone to play the guitar, to keep practicing with this site as well as try out fingerstyle ;) a core module still lacking on GuitarTricks.com

Enjoy! :) I really want to thank GuitarTricks.com for encouraging me so much to play this fantastic instrument!

Meridirh Guitar | Progress Video | Week 1 - 1,5 Years

Lukas

Limits are selfmade. Break beyond them!

www.meridirhproductions.com | Too old to learn multiple instruments? Let's put it to a test...

Guitar: Started January 2016

Styles/Genres I am currently studying:

- Classical Guitar

- Latin Style (Flamenco, Soleares)

- Folk Style (Pop, Celtic, Irish, Gypsi)

- (Fingerstyle) Blues

- (Fingerstyle) Jazz

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/09/2017 6:26 pm

Hey, Lukas! Great idea. :)[br]

Originally Posted by: Meridirh[p]I really want to thank GuitarTricks.com for encouraging me so much to play this fantastic instrument!

Thanks for putting this together & posting it. I enjoyed it very much!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
07/12/2017 3:49 pm

Hey Lukas thanks for sharing the video! It's really great to see your progress. Keep it up!

# 3
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
07/12/2017 4:39 pm
Originally Posted by: Meridirh

Hey everyone

I wanted to show you my progress video after 1,5 years of playing the guitar! :) Beware, the beginning might sound rather painful.

I hope this encourages everyone to play the guitar, to keep practicing with this site as well as try out fingerstyle ;) a core module still lacking on GuitarTricks.com

Enjoy! :) I really want to thank GuitarTricks.com for encouraging me so much to play this fantastic instrument!

Lukas

Lukas, this is fantastic! It's incredible to see such progress in such a short amount of time. But having watched the video, and having seen your posts across the forums these past few months. I can only think of one thing to say to you.

FREEBIRD!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 4
Meridirh
Full Access
Meridirh
Full Access
07/19/2017 9:42 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin
Originally Posted by: Meridirh

Hey everyone

Lukas

Lukas, this is fantastic! It's incredible to see such progress in such a short amount of time. But having watched the video, and having seen your posts across the forums these past few months. I can only think of one thing to say to you.

FREEBIRD!

Thank you soo much! :')

I really hope to be able to improve further and further.

Honestly, I will already be happy to leave the beginner level haha. However, I'm not in a rush :) so I'll just take it slowly and enjoy the journey.

www.meridirhproductions.com | Too old to learn multiple instruments? Let's put it to a test...

- Classical Guitar

- (Fingerstyle) Blues

- (Fingerstyle) Jazz

# 5
maggior
maggior
07/19/2017 4:47 pm

This is awesome. You made a huge jump at 6 months!! How cool to hear the progress! You obviously have worked very hard. I am very impressed with how far you have come in a short amount of time. You have nice dynamics and smoothness in your playing that you usually don't hear from beginners.

Have you played other instruments?

# 6
Meridirh
Full Access
Meridirh
Full Access
07/20/2017 4:41 am
Originally Posted by: maggior

This is awesome. You made a huge jump at 6 months!! How cool to hear the progress! You obviously have worked very hard. I am very impressed with how far you have come in a short amount of time. You have nice dynamics and smoothness in your playing that you usually don't hear from beginners.

Have you played other instruments?

Hi Maggior,

thank you very much for your nice words. Yes, the 6th month was a huge leap :) Before that, I had practiced rhythm and basic chords almost every day since I really had a deficit in that area.

I started to play the piano a year ago but also without a teacher and I had to stop after 10 months because I went to France for a year to live and work there. I couldn't take the piano with me and that's why I had to pause. It's only after I came back in May 2016 that I was able to re-learn it. That's what I am currently trying to do.

In fact, my whole project aims at learning instruments as an adult without a teacher, just by the means of online resources.

Anyway, back to your question. Yes, I did play the piano for about a year as my first instrument but as you can hear on the progress video, my rhythm was a pure mess ^^ It wa interesting to come back to the piano and now my other instruments after having spent half a year on the guitar.

Cheers,

Lukas

- Classical Guitar

- (Fingerstyle) Blues

- (Fingerstyle) Jazz

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.