Versatile Les Paul pickup option

slittle_92
slittle_92
11/17/2021 6:22 pm

Hi

I have an epiphone les paul modern figured and have considered upgrading the pickups for something versatile to play almost all genres of music (but more alt rock, hard rock and classic as i like to play around with almost anything ). It is my jack of all trades "forever" guitar.

[br]I have considered seymour Duncan P-rails after hearing of their versatility, but have also heard about ‘59, Jazz, or slash pickups, So I am open to suggestion.

Dont know if this helps but recently I am working on to play songs some from the likes of:

[br]Soundgarden, [br]green day, [br]Fleetwood mac, [br]Metallica, [br]rolling stones, [br]red hot chilli peppers, [br]Jimi Hendrix, [br]RATM, [br]linkin park, [br]nirvana, [br]pink Floyd, [br]foo fighters, [br]joy division, [br]QOTSA, [br]the doors, [br]imagine dragons, [br]Stone roses, [br]Kings of Leon.

Does you have suggestions?[br]Also is there anything else you think I could add to the guitar to make it as playable as possible for most genres?

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
11/18/2021 6:25 pm

This is a great question! You might also want to post this in the Gear thread, might get some more eyes on it for solid feedback. Good luck!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.