Guitar Tips: Balancing Volume And Tone

bcraig_69music
bcraig_69music
02/11/2020 7:32 am

Hi I am try to understand how to Use this artle I am using a amp modeler that Simulate simulate tube sounds amps

and want to apply this help please

https://www.proaudioland.com/news/guitar-tips-volume-and-tone/

"learning to create very emotionally musically phrasing
is a good idea, yeah? Lord please help me
# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
02/11/2020 12:28 pm

I did look at the article and I think the answer to your question is in the 3rd paragraph:

"There’s no better way to figure out the interplay between volume and various settings than by going hands on with your setup"

In this article what the author is essentially saying is you need a starting point - so set everything in the mids. But its just a starting point - because you have to start somewhere. You could start with everything at 0 if you wanted, it wouldn't make any difference - because as he states, once you have a base line - or starting point - start tweaking.

Also, I would say the author is not considering a modelling amp, but is most likely using a conventional tube amp. You might still be able to make this work however. I don't know what you have for a modelling amp, but on my Vox VT15 I can bypass the modelling effects and just use it as a conventional amp. You will need to find this out for yourself if yours can do this.

I know if I am not experimenting and playing with all the knobs, including those on the guitar, I am not learning what tones are possible. I have always found that I learn best when I just jump in with both feet and start mucking about.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
bcraig_69music
bcraig_69music
02/11/2020 10:12 pm

Thanks William

yes I see what your saying I need to start somewhere

I am trying to get a good base line or good core tone and then I can built off that

for modeling amp I using a Fractal axe 2 x l + older model due too living in quiet apartment

just trying understand how to simulate real world amp ideas to digital tube modeling

# 3
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
02/12/2020 12:21 am

Ok, now I see what you have. It's essentially an effects board. Similar in principal to my Zoom G3N.

If you haven't already done it, download and read the owners manual. I just skimmed it. It's 251 pages long, so you can see why I skimmed it. On pg 39 it describes amps - you have 256 amps to choose from. Pick one and from there you can begin to play with gain, volume etc. Just like on the real amp.

# 4
bcraig_69music
bcraig_69music
02/12/2020 7:40 am

I just look up your now is it a

Zoom G3N Effect Processor or Zoom G3n Multi-Effects Processor

I across this Manuel

https://www.zoom-na.com/sites/default/files/products/downloads/pdfs/G3n_G3Xn_English_0.pdf

I came across this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2DAIyu0rR4

is that correct?

if so there are some really great sweet tones their

# 5
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
02/12/2020 9:24 am

Zoom G3N. There are only two: with effects pedal and without. The G3N does not have the pedal, the G3Nx does.

Regarding the manual, not sure why you downloaded the Zoom manual. I suggest you download and read yours. That is what I had done.

# 6
bcraig_69music
bcraig_69music
02/13/2020 1:04 am

Oh I download yours I just want to check out what you had and it looks pretty cool yeah I do have the manual download it already thank you for your help and if I have any other questions I'll ask you if that's OK

I see You got a bunch of songs you have done or working on sweet

# 7
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
02/13/2020 2:25 am
Originally Posted by: bcraig4J

...if I have any other questions I'll ask you if that's OK

I am glad you clarified the manual situation, and yes, if I can help I will.

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.