Strat Humbuckers

Jstaples8888
Jstaples8888
11/03/2017 7:21 pm

Need some advice

I have a fender American standard strat and I want to upgrade the PU

I have a Seymour Duncan hot rail slotted for the bridge pu.

I also have a Seymour Duncan lill 59 and not sure to place Irvin the middle or neck?

Any advice on PU placement?

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/03/2017 8:33 pm
Originally Posted by: Jstaples8888I have a fender American standard strat and I want to upgrade the PU

I have a Seymour Duncan hot rail slotted for the bridge pu.

I also have a Seymour Duncan lill 59 and not sure to place Irvin the middle or neck?

[p]I'm assuming you like the sound of those Duncan pickups & they will fit the style of music you intend to play. Both of them are supposed to be modelled on PAF pickups, which means that they will change the sound of your Strat into a Gibson, if they work as advertised. That's great if it's what you are after.

Those Duncan Lil 59 pickups come in 2 flavors: voiced for neck OR bridge. So you should find out which one you have if it matters to you.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/pickup/little-59-strat-neck

https://www.seymourduncan.com/pickup/little-59-strat-bridge

Slightly different output & EQ profile. In the end, you could just put them in & see what happens. Play them a bit, record them. They swap them around & see what happens. :)[br][br]That's a lot of work, but it's fun research. And until you try it you might never know which set up you prefer. Hope this helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
Jstaples8888
Jstaples8888
11/04/2017 2:33 pm

Thank you Chris

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.