Possible to use talk box without mic?

clone_tk422
clone_tk422
09/26/2006 11:40 pm
Hi All,

Looking at getting a talk box and deciding between the heil and the rocktron banshee.

Banshee would be good as its easier to setup and doesnt even need an amp but I thought since they are the same price the heil would be the better option as its the original talk box and the one used by the pros so you should have more chance of getting the same sounds??

Anyway I saw this youtube video of this kid using the rocktron and he doesnt even need a mic as its loud enough from the pedal itself to be heard in a small room. I am in the same situation as well I am just playing in a room by myself so I am wondering will the heil talk box also sound as loud by itself if i dont have a mic?

Also I only have a small 15w amp it doesnt have a seperate amp head and speaker, its all in one. It has a line out and a headphones out, are either of these outputs sufficient for the heil talk box or do i really need a seperate amp head with a speaker output?

Thanks

BTW youtube video is at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PuZcSxnr69w with the kid using the rocktron without mic
# 1
rockonn91
rockonn91
09/28/2006 1:47 am
these kinds of talk boxes are exactly like a normal stomp box, in that you just feed it into your amp the same way you would any other effect, like distortion or wah, etc.

they sound best in my opinion though an effects loop, but you dont have that option on your amp, so just feed it into the input.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 2
SPL
SPL
10/05/2006 9:38 pm
I'm sure it'll be loud enough without amplification if you're just playing by yourself in your bedroom.

Originally Posted by: rockonn91these kinds of talk boxes are exactly like a normal stomp box, in that you just feed it into your amp the same way you would any other effect, like distortion or wah, etc.

Talk boxes work a little different actually. You don't feed the effect into your amp, the effect is made in your mouth and picked up by a microphone most of the time.
# 3
cmgarst
cmgarst
01/09/2007 1:20 am
Do Not Buy A Danelectro Free Speech.
Everyone I've Heard That Got One Is EXTREMELY Disappointed.
Why? Because It Has A Mini Mic That Sucks.
Honestly I Would Opt For A Rocktron Banshee Which I Bought And Just LOVE
Because If Your Playing In A Band There Will Probably Be A Singers Mic To Use Anyway...But If You Crank A Rocktron Up It's Well Over The Loud Enough To Practice ZONE.
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/09/2007 2:19 am
I have the Rockatron and I think it could be loud enough for a small gig w/o a mic.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
Bluegrasslimey
Bluegrasslimey
01/13/2007 8:21 am
Originally Posted by: clone_tk422Hi All,

Looking at getting a talk box and deciding between the heil and the rocktron banshee.

Banshee would be good as its easier to setup and doesnt even need an amp but I thought since they are the same price the heil would be the better option as its the original talk box and the one used by the pros so you should have more chance of getting the same sounds??

Anyway I saw this youtube video of this kid using the rocktron and he doesnt even need a mic as its loud enough from the pedal itself to be heard in a small room. I am in the same situation as well I am just playing in a room by myself so I am wondering will the heil talk box also sound as loud by itself if i dont have a mic?

Also I only have a small 15w amp it doesnt have a seperate amp head and speaker, its all in one. It has a line out and a headphones out, are either of these outputs sufficient for the heil talk box or do i really need a seperate amp head with a speaker output?

Thanks

BTW youtube video is at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PuZcSxnr69w with the kid using the rocktron without mic

I think that guy was using a yah yah pedal. I have that preset on my gnx it's pretty cool. It also has a talkbox on it but that needs a mic to get the effect.

the gnx has one advantage 160 effects in one box with an 8 track recorder to boot. see my gnx4 thread in recording section on this site.
:eek: [FONT=Century Gothic]Just groove, ya know ya wanna?????[/FONT] :eek:
# 6
m.giancarlo2016
m.giancarlo2016
11/14/2017 5:58 am

Yes, it’s quite loud and the tone gives it a bit of spunk. I was thinking of adding an external speaker to my 1/2 stack 8+fx pedal guitar rig without buying a full on p.a but wondered if there was an ideal all in one speaker you just plug a mic into. I see these all in one speakers at frys electronics and peavey towers at pawn shops for $200 but I haven’t raised my ext. speaker buying knowledge in some time. I think they’d require a p.a which kills the whole compact space jamming idea . Anyone suggest one of those wallet friendly gems or know what I’m talking about?

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.