recording box

Jowin
Jowin
11/28/2003 7:21 pm
i want somthing that i can record a long track on and then play it back through my amp or put the track on the pc so i can record stuff, i have tried using my pc to record stuff on cubasis but it sounds ****e. I turned down the line in on the sound card so it didn't distort the sound and it still does half the time, the tone sounds awful on the pc too. So i thought there must be something i can use that will just record straight from the amp and be able to play recorded tracks back through the amp and connect to the pc to put stuff on there.

Do you know of anything that will do that?

sgfhsdfgh
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/28/2003 9:24 pm
Check out the Line 6 Pod (250 USD off eBay)and use it instead of your amp for recording. It is custom made for recording great tone.

As for playback at loud volumes, that is more tricky. Id go with a Korg D1200 or similar. Much more portable than a PC and has better I/O options. You can run that in to your amp or a PA.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
11/29/2003 1:35 am
Try a MiniDisc recorder, that's what I use. It's the Sony MZR707. If it's a Sony, make sure that the model number is a 7 or a 9, not a 5, since the 5's don't have mic inputs.

They're not horrible at looping, either.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.