SONAR LE - midi - help!

nblesingk
nblesingk
01/08/2017 12:32 am

Hi guys,

just bought a new effects board, and it came with MIDI software

SONAR LE version 8.5.1

I have researched youtube videos but not having much luck for a beginner:

all videos look like I've walked into an advanced workshop 2 hours into the lecture, terms like 'VST plugins' and 'make sure you have a MIDI controller (what the hell is that?)' and 'installed drivers' [for midi controller] (don't know where the ___ I get these or what they are even called) ....and many other terms that are over my head.

and many videos are of different versions that don't even look like mine

I was wondering if anyone may be able to direct me to a good online tutorial for this particular edition? [for an absolute beginner]

many thanks

# 1
CanadaBill
CanadaBill
01/08/2017 1:07 am

I use Sonar Platinum for everything that I do. The Sonar (Cakewalk) products are excellent, and LE is a good introduction to the DAW (digital audio workstation) process. You should be able to register your copy of LE. Once it is registered, you will have access to the 'Cakewalk' user's account site which will allow you to run their training videos and join the forum. If you have not registered, you can do it here . . .

Cakewalk

That should get you started.

The Sonar LE software, despite being an entry level product, is very powerful and, very complex. You can expect a steep learning curve. However, if you are interested in multitrack recording, it is a great product.

Hope that helps,

Bill

# 2
nblesingk
nblesingk
01/08/2017 3:09 am
Originally Posted by: CanadaBill

You should be able to register your copy of LE. Once it is registered, you will have access to the 'Cakewalk' user's account site which will allow you to run their training videos and join the forum. If you have not registered, you can do it here . . .

Cakewalk

That should get you started.

Thanks a lot, Bill :)

yeah, that's another problem it seems I can't register my product as 'complete' box is 'greyed' out and I can't press it ? I also can't write my license key in the applied space. I have contacted them and no response ...but I hope I can get this sorted out.

thanks man

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.