Boss GT-10 and Cubase

GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
02/03/2011 11:25 am
ok this thing is driving me crazy! totally frustrated here. I've been trying to connect my Boss GT-10 to my laptop through usb using Cubase 5 as software. In fact, the GT-10 is specifically suited to work with Cubase... but it doesn't!

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, because it works perfectly with Reaper.

can someone please help me out here?

for some information; I've set up the GT-10 as follows:
Input: 'Guitar 1'
'Driver Mode: Advanced'
'Monitor Cmd: Enable'
'Dir.Monitor: On' (Off doesn't seem to make a difference)

in Cubase:
control panel settings for ASIO driver is exactly the same as in Reaper
VST Audio System: ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver
VST System Link: ASIO Input & Output: Boss GT-10 - 1

any help is greatly appreciated!
= good music is good drinking =
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
02/03/2011 7:49 pm
Wish I could, I don't have any Cubase experience though. I'll ask around the office!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
Guitar Tricks Manager
Administrator
Guitar Tricks Manager
Administrator
02/03/2011 10:36 pm
Could you try, setting the VST Audio System to the Boss as well?

Maybe contact Boss customer support:
If you have questions about operating your BOSS product, you can contact our Product Support department by phone Mon-Fri, 7:30am to 5:00pm, Pacific Standard Time.

* Guitar/Bass Products: 323-890-3743

or Steinberg support:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/usa.html

Hope this helps!
# 3
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
02/03/2011 11:44 pm
Have you tried Boss GT Central?
http://www.bossgtcentral.com/

They have a forum
http://www.bossgtcentral.com/forum.php

Don't have cubase, but have a GT10 and Reaper as well.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 4
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
02/04/2011 11:02 pm
thnx for the useful replies, I really appreciate it!

I found out I did a proper setup on my Boss GT-10, so the problem lies in the ASIO preferences in Cubase
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks ManagerCould you try, setting the VST Audio System to the Boss as well?

I tried, same results, Cubase still shows there's no signal coming through (while reaper shows a clear signal in the mixer-tab)

I googled this problem a dozen times but haven't found anything useful yet. I'll ask around on the Boss Central forums, I found a couple of people that use Cubase for their recordings so they must know something, thnx for the link! :)

ps I just started using Reaper and got my hands on EZ drummer, maybe you've got some advice there Rick? ;)
# 5
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
02/05/2011 4:33 am
Sorry man. Never used EZ drummer. Not even sure what it is. Glad that you're finding GT Central helpful. Did you download the free windows software on that site yet?

if not, there is a guy there called Gumtown. Look in his signature, he has a link to the software he has built for the GT10. It's analogous to Line 6's Gearbox. Not quite as sexy of an interface as Gearbox, but, pretty decent none the less
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 6
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
02/05/2011 4:21 pm
you mean the FXFloorboard? it's brilliant! :D I've had it ever since I got the GT, installed GT librarian and found it lacking.

about the EZ drummer, it's an advanced VST-plugin to insert drums into your tracks, although I haven't got it to work yet :p what do you use to insert drums? and/or create a rhythm instead of using a metronome? (I recorded a little bit and found out my playing ain't as tight as I thought)

by the way I have no trouble playing music through my speakers, while at the same time playing my guitar as well as the recorded track through my amp, with the Boss selected as input/output for Reaper but with other applications having the speakers selected
I wonder how it will sound if I plug my speakers into my Boss :rolleyes: I do know that the recorded tracks sound digital/aweful when played through my laptop into my speakers :eek:
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.