asd

NRLoser
NRLoser
03/04/2003 3:01 am
ok how do i know wut key the solo for a song should be in?
the verse of the song is a all powerchords on the top three strings with a 5th fret, 1st fret, 3rd fret pattern. i doubt anyone understand me though....

but what key is the solo in if u do?
Punk backwards is Knup...Somethings wrong...
# 1
joshldoherty
joshldoherty
03/05/2003 3:21 am
if you're playin 5-1-3, power chords, thats an A5-F5-G5 (the 5 just tells you that its a power chord) The key this would be in, since you're starting on an A would most likely be A-minor. So if you're soloing, you can either use the a-minor scale, or other offshoots of that, the modes, with the ionian mode starting on A, or the pentatonic scales, with the first pattern starting on A. Most of the time, the first chord in a song tells you what key its in, and most of the time, it'll be so the pentatonic scales start off that note (the root of the first chord). Hope ive been of some help, and if i can clarify anything, let me know.
# 2
NRLoser
NRLoser
03/06/2003 12:30 am
alright that helps alot.

oh and is there a reason the pentonic scale is the most popular? i liked the sound of the aelion or wutver it is
Punk backwards is Knup...Somethings wrong...
# 3
joshldoherty
joshldoherty
03/06/2003 2:22 am
The pentatonic was the first scale my teacher taught to me to use while improvising. But it is just about the most common scale used for improvising, mainly because the different patterns are relatively easy to learn, and its only 2 notes per string, instead of 3 if you're playing modes, major, or minor scales. Also, its easier to learn and teach than the modes because your left hand (if you're right-handed) doesn't have to shift during the scale, only if you change the pattern. I'm pretty sure all the scale patterns are on this site somewhere.

[Edited by joshldoherty on 03-05-2003 at 08:24 PM]
# 4
TheDirt
TheDirt
03/06/2003 7:38 pm
The pentatonic scale is a really popular tool for improvising because it leaves out the 9th and the 6th, which are two tones that can be easily miused and sound bad. The 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th go with almost every chord in A Minor. It's almost hard to sound bad when using the pentatonic scale (as long as you're in the right key). Also, the pattern is really easy to remember.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.