Is possible to get into songwriting?

frankieeighties
frankieeighties
05/01/2020 8:27 pm

I'm an intermediate guitar player, and I need to know If I can apply knowledge that I'm willing to learn to write at least a shitty song. Not big deal, but something to apply knowledge, so I get better today. Imagin 5 years from now, and not to start at 10 years from now.

Feel free to socialize!

Thanks for your valuable comments!

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/01/2020 10:13 pm

Hi there,

We do not usually tackle songwriting, but we do have a one-off lesson about songwriting here: https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=29480

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
05/02/2020 4:57 pm

If you start now you will get there sooner. I heard a good bit of advice from Bob Seger. He was talking to a young Glenn Frey, who was asking about starting song writting. He asked Bob "but what if these song I write suck?" Seger answered "They are going to suck! But if you keep at it they will get better. That is how you learn song writting".

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 3
porklyly
porklyly
01/16/2024 7:34 am

Writing a song on guitar is a creative and rewarding process that can improve your musical skills and express your emotions. Of course, it takes some practice and knowledge to write a good song, but you can start with some basic steps and tips that I will share with you: tunnel rush

First, you need to decide on the genre and style of your song. 

Second, you need to select some chords that sound good together and form the basis of your song. 

Third, you need to find a melody that fits your chords and conveys the mood and message of your song. 

Fourth, you need to write some lyrics that match your melody and tell a story or express an idea.

Fifth, you need to arrange your song into a structure that has a clear beginning, middle, and end. 

Sixth, you need to record your song and listen to it. 

Finally, you need to share your song with others and get some feedback. 

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.