Best songwriters of all time?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Songwriting > Best songwriters of all time?

hahaha... wasn't that the episode with peg's "mystery pack" or somthing and after they ate it they started to play???

Also, the other song they did with Public Enemy... Bring the Noise... is a cool song...

on a side note, I think i'm the only Goo Goo Dolls fan in the world...hahaha...

hahaha... wasn't that the episode with peg's "mystery pack" or somthing and after they ate it they started to play???

Also, the other song they did with Public Enemy... Bring the Noise... is a cool song...

on a side note, I think i'm the only Goo Goo Dolls fan in the world...hahaha...

Hehehe. Yup, that was the episode :-)

They should put it on DVD like they did with the sopranos.
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.

Hehehe. Yup, that was the episode :-)

They should put it on DVD like they did with the sopranos.
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.

Married with children f*cking rocks. I learned english from watching American TV shows when I was a toddler growing up in Norway, and I've been watching that show since i was five. Some say I watched it too much, cuz I ended up speaking the language before I started school...

Al Bundy is every man's hero.
"I'm playing so fast, the tubes can't reproduce all the notes!"
- Marcus Paus

Married with children f*cking rocks. I learned english from watching American TV shows when I was a toddler growing up in Norway, and I've been watching that show since i was five. Some say I watched it too much, cuz I ended up speaking the language before I started school...

Al Bundy is every man's hero.
"I'm playing so fast, the tubes can't reproduce all the notes!"
- Marcus Paus

this thread's still alive? (and Dylan is still the best)

Thanks everybody for the insightful discussion over the summer about who is the greatest guitar-pickin' songwriter of all time.

And now the envelope please . . . .

The "Greatest Songwriter of all time" Award goes to . . . . (drumroll) . . . . .

Mr. BOB DYLAN!

Come on up here Bob!

Bob (wobbling a bit as he speaks, softly at first but gaining momentum as he goes until he ends with a thundering crescendo):

"Leave your stepping stones behind, they will not follow you,
Forget the dead you left behind, they will not follow you.
The vagabond who is knocking at your door,
Is standing in the clothes that you once wore.
Light another match, go on and start anew,
And it's all over now, Baby Blue."
"It's all right son . . . we told you what to dream"

this thread's still alive? (and Dylan is still the best)

Thanks everybody for the insightful discussion over the summer about who is the greatest guitar-pickin' songwriter of all time.

And now the envelope please . . . .

The "Greatest Songwriter of all time" Award goes to . . . . (drumroll) . . . . .

Mr. BOB DYLAN!

Come on up here Bob!

Bob (wobbling a bit as he speaks, softly at first but gaining momentum as he goes until he ends with a thundering crescendo):

"Leave your stepping stones behind, they will not follow you,
Forget the dead you left behind, they will not follow you.
The vagabond who is knocking at your door,
Is standing in the clothes that you once wore.
Light another match, go on and start anew,
And it's all over now, Baby Blue."
"It's all right son . . . we told you what to dream"

snojones

Full Access

Hendrix was a good writter. Little wing, Castles Made of Sand come to mind.

But if you are talking about rock music.... Lennon and McCartney are the bomb. Much like Hendrix opened new doors on guitar playing , Lennon and McCartney opened the door on rock music being more that just another "I lost my girl and it sucks" pop song. Their use of modes in rock was also a big step. Everything after them is dirivitve, including Hendrix.

Hendrix was a good writter. Little wing, Castles Made of Sand come to mind.

But if you are talking about rock music.... Lennon and McCartney are the bomb. Much like Hendrix opened new doors on guitar playing , Lennon and McCartney opened the door on rock music being more that just another "I lost my girl and it sucks" pop song. Their use of modes in rock was also a big step. Everything after them is dirivitve, including Hendrix.

stratmanjimbo

Full Access

Fagen/Becker............although I just read Donald Fagen is actually suing his now deceased collaborator's estate!!!??? Bad!!! Jim C.

Fagen/Becker............although I just read Donald Fagen is actually suing his now deceased collaborator's estate!!!??? Bad!!! Jim C.