Best Way to put lyrics to a song?

Slasha
Slasha
06/30/2002 3:01 am
I have heard from many people that they though the best way to create a song with lyrics and riffs and everything is to first start off with an instrumental jam session and then the singer can just think of a melody in his head after a while and sing his lyrics to that melody. I know this is how Disturbed, Sevendust, and several other bands write. If you have a better way that worked for you than please tell me!
Thanks!
\ /
Keep Pickin'
!!!!!!!!!!!

# 1
Slow Diver
Slow Diver
07/03/2002 8:39 am
Well what I do when i write a song is first to come up with the main riffs/progressions. Then I start figuring out the melody of the vocals and the lyrics -- what I do is i start singin some pseudo-eniglish nonsense blabering over the riff/chords. It goes somethin like "wuba-daba-trliliava-salabada" kind of thing -- whatever comes in my mind. Eventualy I figure out what should be the rhytmical sense of the words and then I compose the lyrics so thet they fit this pattern. I think this is the most natural (for me) way in which a song can be composed. The music has alays been more important for me than the lyrics.
The world is loaded, it's lit to pop, nobody is gonna stop!
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.