Cds, are they worth making any longer?

Guitar Tricks Forum > The Musician's Life > Cds, are they worth making any longer?

matonanjin2

Full Access

Originally Posted by: john

I attend a couple or three major concerts a year plus another baker's dozen plus music events during the summer which feature local and touring musicians. Everyone of them hock their CD's at the shows. ....

I am also coming to this thread very late...and responding to a post almost a year old. But it bears repeating. My wife and I attend a blues concert at least every couple weeks. And, as john of MT said, I can't remember being at a concert where the artist wasn't selling cd's. Maybe it is just to pay for gas money to get to the next gig. But there is always a merchandise table.

And we just got back from theKeeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise. Every single artist there was present in the merchandise room to sign CD's and pose for selfie's after his/her concert.

I really still think there is a demand for physical media.

Originally Posted by: john

I attend a couple or three major concerts a year plus another baker's dozen plus music events during the summer which feature local and touring musicians. Everyone of them hock their CD's at the shows. ....

I am also coming to this thread very late...and responding to a post almost a year old. But it bears repeating. My wife and I attend a blues concert at least every couple weeks. And, as john of MT said, I can't remember being at a concert where the artist wasn't selling cd's. Maybe it is just to pay for gas money to get to the next gig. But there is always a merchandise table.

And we just got back from theKeeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise. Every single artist there was present in the merchandise room to sign CD's and pose for selfie's after his/her concert.

I really still think there is a demand for physical media.

mattiew456

CDS

Echoing what was said above, I think it matters massivley the locations you are planning to sell. Some areas in the UK there has been a huge resurgence in the sales of CD and Vynl. Smaller bands are selling tonnes of copies at their gigs. I think the feeling of having a 'physical' artifact in the fans hand will never get old.

Matt, Guitar Teacher athttps://mgrmusic.com/guitar-lessons/

CDS

Echoing what was said above, I think it matters massivley the locations you are planning to sell. Some areas in the UK there has been a huge resurgence in the sales of CD and Vynl. Smaller bands are selling tonnes of copies at their gigs. I think the feeling of having a 'physical' artifact in the fans hand will never get old.

Matt, Guitar Teacher athttps://mgrmusic.com/guitar-lessons/

earlymorningrain64

Jewel cases and booklets are still prized by many people, but physical CDs are declining for sure. Initially I wouldn't sell them, but if fans wanted them enough, I would justify it.

Jewel cases and booklets are still prized by many people, but physical CDs are declining for sure. Initially I wouldn't sell them, but if fans wanted them enough, I would justify it.