mouse becomes locked to cursor during loop setup

glmoore001
glmoore001
01/24/2021 2:25 pm

It is somewhat hard to explain what my problem is here..

As I am setting up the start / stop points of a loop, I normally pull the cursor in the song from the finish to the start and hit "play" to make sure I have included the entire practice loop. I try to catch the "One Two Three" at the start and the last strum at the end.

If I repeatedly try to fine tune a loop and get the stop / start points exactly where I want them, sometimes the mouse will not let go of the cursor after making the adjustment. The little dot (what I am calling the cursor) will not release regardless of what I do. As I move my mouse point right and left the dot continues to follow, time stamp sliding back and forth with the mouse, instead of staying at rest... this continues until I close the lesson window. I cannot find any other way to release the mouse from the cursor dot.

I hope I explained this enough that someone will understand what I am talking about.. Gary

# 1
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
01/25/2021 9:06 am

Hey glmoore001 -- I tried replicating this, but couldn't get my browser to do it. What OS and browser are you on?

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 2
mepreuss
mepreuss
01/29/2021 9:18 pm

I experience this too. Setting loop points is clunky as heck. WIN 10, Chrome

# 3
glmoore001
glmoore001
02/10/2021 2:53 pm

Google Chrome Win 10[br]Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Not knowing the correct terminology makes it a little hard to explain. When I say "Lesson Cursor" below, I am talking about the dot which advances the time of the lesson forward and back.

Once I feel I have a handle on a lesson, I will turn on Loop and go to the practice session, which is normally the last 2 or 3 minutes of the video.

The problem only happens when Loop is on and I am moving time dot (Lesson Cursor) and the start/stop flags forward and backward trying to adjust the start and stop of the loop. I will set the first loop point on the count before the instructor starts to play, then move the lesson cursor with the mouse to where the practice ends and hit play to set the end of the loop. This will sometimes take quite a few tries as it takes a very small movement in the cursor dot and the stop/start flags to get it just right on both loop points.

When I get it right, the loop will be clean and loop back to the instructors' count immediately when finished. This way I can endlessly play the loop without a delay.

The cursor sometimes gets locked to the mouse and will not unlock, the more times I need to adjust it to make it right, the better the chance of it getting locked. After it happens, I can even move the mouse out of the lesson to my second monitor and when I come back it is still locked to the cursor. Once it gets stuck, there is no way to get it to go away unless you refresh the page or close the site.

thanks for the reply,, Gary

# 4
t.alan
t.alan
02/11/2021 5:10 am

I'm not having the exact same issue as the previous posters, but I'll add a recent issue I've found with the loop function that wasn't there before. I've noticed the shortcut of typing "A" and "B" to set the start and end points of the loop is broken is Safari 14.0.3 on Big Sur.

If you type A and B, it creates start and end points but not where the cursor is currently. Dragging and dropping the endpoints manually seems to work, though.

Being able to quickly set the A and B points with shortcut keys was a gamechanger when I read about them on the forum, but upgrading to Big Sur seems to have broke the feature.

# 5
Herman10
Herman10
02/12/2021 11:58 pm

I can replicate this once in a while with Chrome, if it drags just stop dragging and left click one more time and it will let go

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.