Forum email alerts slightly broken

Scytmo
Scytmo
08/07/2020 8:21 am

Hi,

I use email subscriptions to be notified daily of new/updated threads on the forums, but the emails seem to be a little bit broken: All threads are marked as "new" rather than "updated", and I frequently get notifications about threads that haven't actually been updated. Below is an example I received this morning:

Originally Posted by: email

Hello,

You are subscribed to the forum Guitar Tricks Site, there have been 1 new threads and 0 updated threads.[br]http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/threads.php?f=12

The following threads are new:

************[br]your metronome SUCKS[br]http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/thread.php?t=55542[br]In forum: Guitar Tricks Site[br]Started by: ryangilmore7[br]Last post: 08-05-2020 10:28 PM

[br]The following threads have been updated:

[br]Yours,[br]Guitar Tricks team

Two things to note: despite the fact that this is a *daily* update email received on 7th August, the thread hasn't been updated since 5th August, and I actually received a notification that this thread was "new" in the email alerts I received on 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th August as well!; Threads are *always* listed as "new" rather than "updated": i.e. there is *never* anything under the "The following threads have been updated" heading.

It's not a huge issue, but it is broken, and it would make the email subscription alerts a lot more useful if it was fixed.

Thanks

Ian

# 1
DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
08/07/2020 12:09 pm

Sounds like the notifications are not quite right, to be sure. I find it pretty effective to just use the New Posts button in the forum. If there were hundreds of active threads that would be too much, but for the amount of activity here, the New Posts button works pretty well.

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.