Automatic Full screen option

adrian.collins
Full Access
adrian.collins
Full Access
01/05/2020 4:27 pm

Hi all,

I'm loving Guitar Tricks, but I hate parts of the interface.

I use GT on various devices, Laptops, Android Phone etc and I find it a real pain that I have to manually click to watch in full screen every single time, and then also press Escape at the end of each tutorial in order to press 'NEXT' (why can't this be overlaid onto the video?)

GT also works really badly in Landscape mode on my Android phone, really hard to read until the video begins at least

Please, please, please can there be an option added to "always run in full screen mode" - as I see it it could be small to begin with then expand to full size when played.

Many thanks

AC

# 1
spb1122
Full Access
spb1122
Full Access
01/05/2020 11:47 pm

I like adrian.collins' idea of a default full screen option too.

I'd like to add a couple of related ideas if that's OK.

When a lesson has music/tab notation on the right side, you can't really use full screen for the video lesson at all. It would be cool to be able to expand the view to a full, split screen to see both the video and the sheet music.

I'm brand new to GT, so this might be something I'm missing, so set me straight if I'm off base.When I first log on to GT, is there a way to go directly to my NEXT lesson? I only see a way to go to my LAST lesson, and then that lesson starts at the beginning, so I click next lesson to get to where I wanted to go to begin with.

# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/06/2020 8:14 pm

Hi there,

Having an auto-fullscreen switch would be interesting and that's something we have not thought of doing but if enough people are interested then we could think about how to implement that.

As for Android, we're working on that as well! Apologies for the inconvenience there. The mobile website of Guitartricks works really well if you want an alternative to using the app on your phone.

For spb1122,

There is no NEXT lesson button because most people jump from lesson to lesson. But for you, I suggest logging in, pressing LAST LESSON, and then when that loads up, press NEXT LESSON on the video page. But a NEXT LESSON button can be an interesting idea as well!

Thank you for all the feedback!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.