Can't print tabs

glaw3855
glaw3855
04/24/2019 2:43 am

I'm working thru GF1 and have not been able to print the tab for Ode to Joy (32 measure version) or Hickory Ridge. In the print preview I get this message... "This is a licensed song and we are not able to offer notation printing". In the tutorial for Ode to Joy 1&2 Lisa suggests printing it out so the whole thing can be seen & followed. I messaged Lisa and she suggested notifying Admin... hope this is the right place.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

Greg

# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
04/24/2019 2:47 am

It'll be faster if you click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page and then let 'em know what the problem is.

Good luck.

john

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2
bdonnach
Full Access
bdonnach
Full Access
05/15/2019 3:09 pm

"This is a licensed song and we are not able to offer notation printing".

Copyright issues. Some of the videos attempt to address this by showing the music on the video so we can follow along. I also noticed that some of the sheet music automatically scrolls through with the video, but I can't figure out the magic formula that makes this scrolling feature work for all applications. Scrolling and video graphics are good for learning while watching but do not allow us to be independent of the website. Would be nice to be able to play the songs without having to log into the Internet to see the sheet music. Buying sheet music from other sources is a mixed bag; it seems that the GT versions are in different keys and arrangments than the versions we can buy over the counter.

A suggestion: Guitar Tricks songbooks that provide GT arrangements by genre and skill level. In addition to selling them here, the songbooks could be distributed through standard channels, serving as marketing pieces that bring others back to GT.

Regards,

bdphd

bdphd

# 3
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/16/2019 9:11 pm
Originally Posted by: bdonnach

"This is a licensed song and we are not able to offer notation printing".

Copyright issues. Some of the videos attempt to address this by showing the music on the video so we can follow along. I also noticed that some of the sheet music automatically scrolls through with the video, but I can't figure out the magic formula that makes this scrolling feature work for all applications. Scrolling and video graphics are good for learning while watching but do not allow us to be independent of the website. Would be nice to be able to play the songs without having to log into the Internet to see the sheet music. Buying sheet music from other sources is a mixed bag; it seems that the GT versions are in different keys and arrangments than the versions we can buy over the counter.

A suggestion: Guitar Tricks songbooks that provide GT arrangements by genre and skill level. In addition to selling them here, the songbooks could be distributed through standard channels, serving as marketing pieces that bring others back to GT.

Regards,

bdphd

Hi there,

Just as you said, our song lessons are licensed and that means printing and downloading is not permitted. There's not much we can do about that at the moment.

But!

In regards to auto-scrolling. Some of the song lessons have this and they're only available on the Performance and Jam Along sections. We're currently actively working on making more songs feature this. Thanks for the feedback!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.