Site / Learning Idea

troy.gamble
troy.gamble
03/08/2019 2:54 am

G'day guys,

I'm just starting to learn guitar, two weeks in so very, very green.

I'm finding myself dying of boredom switching between basic chords over and over, trying to develop the muscle memory.

I'm scouring the internet looking for basic beginner songs and i've found two problems that I bet you could solve, which would be perfect for me personally, so i bet others as well.[br][br]1. beginner guitar songs suck, they rely heavily on singing.. i'm trying to learn guitar, which is bad enough for my wife, she doesn't need me trying to sing, and these songs suck (at least what i've found so far) without the singing to make sense of it.[br][br]2. There is no resource that i've found that allows me to say, enter chords i want to learn. C E D for example.[br][br]And it would then filter a list of basic songs that include or are limited to those songs or more importantly, maybe just riffs or peices of music that sound good, can be used for practice drills with tabs or whatever, that aren't boring as hell.

3. Also being green as hell, my fingers are stinging. Love it, it's part of the process. BUT i would love to optimise my time. [br][br]I've found finger picking the start of 'nothing else matters' by metallica to be really fun, becasuse i'm producing something that sounds good, has good progression, and i can give my fretting fingers a break while still practicing. [br][br]I can't find any other songs that are like this, and obviously it's not long before that specific song gets much more involved.. is there a resource for just basic, instrumental, easy tunes or whatever that could be good training material like this?? Maybe i should post this in another area of the site, but i thought it would be good for guitartricks to improve their resource with things like this. [br][br]Keeping me motivated is so crucial, and that means keeping me from being bored. If i'm hearding good sounds and progression and things i can repeat and aren't embarrased by, I stay really motivated!

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/11/2019 6:02 pm

Hi Troy,

Learning the theory and the movements can be frustrating if you're not able to apply it to actual music.

1. If you want a bunch of beginner songs to use those new chords you're learning with, go here: https://www.guitartricks.com/songs.php?input=beginners

This is a list of a bunch of beginner songs for you to learn. Check it ou t!

2. I don't know of a tool that allows you to search for song lessons by chords either.

3. If you enjoy fingerpicking you may want to check out the acoustic song section here: https://www.guitartricks.com/songs.php?input=acoustic

If you find yourself getting frustrated or bored, I always recommend learning songs so you can put the skills you've learn to use.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.