Printing Notation or Scrolling Notation Window

jsn.hgl
jsn.hgl
06/14/2018 6:08 pm

Hi,

Since GT is unable to allow printing of notation due to licensing issues, is there thought to make the notation window autoscroll with the jam track?

Unless a subscriber owns a very large, portrait oriented monitor I don't see how they can view the notation without needing to scroll it by hand while trying to play along with the jam track (which is pretty much impossible!).

I realize that musicians end up with the song memorized but when you are learning it would be very helpful to have access to the right notation at the right time.

Thanks for any feedback on this.

# 1
jarkko.eklund
Full Access
jarkko.eklund
Full Access
06/14/2018 7:23 pm

Most of the newest song lessons have scrolling notation on full performance lesson. That is available when using the "New lesson page" view.

For example this https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=27918&s_id=2346&view=wide

Big monitor is anyway very nice to have. I'm mixing using Pro Tools and small monitor would make job much more difficult.

# 2
jsn.hgl
jsn.hgl
06/14/2018 7:36 pm
Originally Posted by: jarkko.eklund

Most of the newest song lessons have scrolling notation on full performance lesson. That is available when using the "New lesson page" view.

For example this https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=27918&s_id=2346&view=wide

Big monitor is anyway very nice to have. I'm mixing using Pro Tools and small monitor would make job much more difficult.

Ah, guess I haven't seen it yet since I'm still going through the Guitar Fundamentals 1 lessons. Good to know it's been implemented to some extent. Still frustrating for the lessons that don't have scrolling notation. I'm using a 12.9" iPad Pro and it is not a great experience with no scrolling.

Just tried the iOS app to see if that was any better and it's an even worse experience.

# 3
andrews.jon2
andrews.jon2
10/17/2018 9:48 pm

I know this is a bit of an old post now but I agree completely.

I’m working through the early lessons having just signed up uni not being able to have the video and tab on screen is hard work. I don’t own a printer so can’t print the notation. Would be incredibly useful to have it scrolling as the lesson video plays through.

Even if abandoning watching the video and just listening so I can see the notation underneath is tricky as you have to keep taking hands off the guitar to scroll as a song progresses.

# 4
thyde76
thyde76
10/22/2018 5:35 pm

I'm also still on Fundamentals 1. One of the things I was thinking about while practicing last night was that they could at least put the next chord in the bottom corner of the video. I'm getting okay at changing chords quicker when I see the instructor's hand change, but when I don't know what chord to go to, I get all screwed up. Just a visual that says "Next Chord XX" would work.

# 5
burnside.david
burnside.david
07/22/2019 8:20 pm

I know these posts are old but I have to say it doesn’t seem like licensing should be an issue with “Amazing Grace.” It’s public domain.

# 6
andersonrunner
andersonrunner
07/22/2019 9:32 pm

I am very new to playing guitar. It would be helpful if the notations tab had lyrics included.

# 7
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
07/23/2019 12:01 am
Originally Posted by: burnside.david

I know these posts are old but I have to say it doesn’t seem like licensing should be an issue with “Amazing Grace.” It’s public domain.

Actually, the notation for Amazing Grace as taught by Caren A. [u]is[/u] copyrighted... by Guitar Tricks.

That said, I don't know of any operating system that doesn't provide some way to copy what is on screen, sometimes multiple ways to copy.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 8
burnside.david
burnside.david
07/23/2019 2:04 am
Originally Posted by: john of MT
Originally Posted by: burnside.david

Actually, the notation for Amazing Grace as taught by Caren A. [u]is[/u] copyrighted... by Guitar Tricks.

That said, I don't know of any operating system that doesn't provide some way to copy what is on screen, sometimes multiple ways to copy.

Thanks, I figured that was probably the case. Seems a little cheesy to copyright something like that to stop your own students from printing it. Especially when you claim on your website that notation is printable when so far none of what I’ve tried has been printable.

# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.