question & site improvement ideas

britt.bailey27
britt.bailey27
05/12/2018 3:59 am

Hello,

Question:

I am working on getting through the Fundamentals 2 module and I am a little hung up on connecting the "magic" major scale grid (which is only the bottom 3 stings) to the 5 major scale patterns (all 6 strings). When searching other sites about the 5 major scale patterns, I dont see anything that includes this "magic" grid. Can you elaborate on this a bit more?

Site improvement ideas:

I tried searching the forums about the above and couldn't really find anything to help where I'm confused. This made me think that a way to improve the site would to be have individual forums or 'Q&A' threads for each lesson so that lesson specific questions are addressed right there without having to jump to the main forum section to try to find help. If it was right there under the lesson video in a tab (like description/notation/jam track/images/etc.) it would be a HUGE help.

Also, in the "Open Major Scale" lessons, the music notation and tablature is written out in the lesson notes but I think showing the pattern in the same fashon as the "magic" grid would be very helpful as well.

Just my two cents -- love the site so far :)

Cheers!

-Britt-

# 1
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/21/2018 2:21 pm

Hi Britt,

So sorry to take this long to get back to you - the notification email ended up in my junk mail! Oh no!

The 'Magic Grid' is just a starting point, for someone who is brand new to scales to get the idea that the same configuration of those three strings, and the frets you play on them, will construct a Major Scale, no matter where you begin the pattern.

It sounds like you have gotten out far ahead of that (bravo!) by learning abut scales at a much more advanced level.

Sounds like you are ready to leave the Magic Grid behind and venture on to the higher peaks. Enjoy! - Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.