Not all songs showing up for artists in Learn To..

RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
01/09/2018 10:42 pm

If you go into the Learn To Play section, click on the "VIEW ALL ARTISTS" button. Some songs are not showing up for some bands. Example...

Click on Doobie Brothers. Only one song shows up.

HOWEVER.

If from the websites overall search I type in Doobie, I see a search result showing 5 songs.

Seems like I've seen other examles of this, but didn't write down what they were.

[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/09/2018 11:30 pm

Hey, Rick! Happy new year to you & yours!

Originally Posted by: RickBlacker

If you go into the Learn To Play section, click on the "VIEW ALL ARTISTS" button. Some songs are not showing up for some bands.

Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes the problem is the inclusion or exclusion of the article "the" in front of the bnd name. In this case, I added a "the" where it was missing. Now they should all show up when you type "Doobie" or go to the all artist page.

Let me know if it works for you!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
01/10/2018 1:49 am
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Hey, Rick! Happy new year to you & yours!

Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes the problem is the inclusion or exclusion of the article "the" in front of the bnd name. In this case, I added a "the" where it was missing. Now they should all show up when you type "Doobie" or go to the all artist page.

Let me know if it works for you!

Hey Chris, happy to you and yours too! Been a long time.

Not sure that I was quit clear. It's when I click on the existing link that not all songs are showing up. If I just type in Doobie, then ALL songs show up by the artist.

I hope that makes sense. Let me

[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/10/2018 3:32 pm
Originally Posted by: RickBlacker

Not sure that I was quit clear. It's when I click on the existing link that not all songs are showing up. If I just type in Doobie, then ALL songs show up by the artist.

I hope that makes sense. Let me

Right. But I think by adding "the" to the artist field in that one song it gets added to the database. And as a consequence any listing of the artist "Doobie Brothers" is removed from the the database.

So, now if you look at the all artists list, the only option available is "The Doobie Brothers" in the D section. Does that make sense?

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.