Start page

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
12/07/2017 11:25 pm

Hi Jo..,

I don't know why GT always opens at that page but I can tell you about a browser feature I use that lets me set any GT page I want for a one-click open.

I have GT pages saved to my Favorites bar for a quick opening of where I want to go in Guitar Tricks; e.g., Forum, Lessons (Favorites), Songs and the GT Blog. I'm using Windows 10 and the Edge browser but I know it works in older Windows and the IE browsers. I'm sure OS has a similar feature.

With the past month's upgrade of Windows 10 one can now also pin a web page to the task bar. Pick some page you want to open at; "Home", Favorites, etc., and simply pin it (or more than one) to the task bar. Click on the ellipses ( ... ) at the top right corner of the Edge browser to get to the "Pin this page to the taskbar" feature. This too will allow you to open your GT with one click.

Good luck.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 1
jarkko.eklund
Full Access
jarkko.eklund
Full Access
12/08/2017 6:22 am
Originally Posted by: Jo..

Hi

Every time I sign in, this is the page I see: https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=13642&s_id=870

It's the lesson "Unchain Open Chords", which I did watch once (by clicking a random video), but no other videos in that set.

Why don't you get to "Home" or at least last viewed video when you sign in? It's really frustrating and I don't know how to fix it.

What url address you use for entering GT? Do you type it into address bar everytime, or do you have a bookmark? It could be, that your browser remembers url for that particular lesson and directs you there. You can try to type in manually the address www.guitartricks.com without anything else after it.

There isn't anything on GT account settings related to this. It have to be browser related issue.

# 2
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
12/08/2017 4:51 pm

John and Jarkko have great suggestions here. It's most likely that your browser is auto-filling that lesson page URL when you start to type "guitartricks.com" into your browser.

I'd recommend making a bookmark to our home page: https://www.guitartricks.com/home.php

If you are still having issues you might try clearing your browser's history and cache.

Let us know if you still need help!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.