Android app uses too much data (download)

koerky
koerky
08/10/2017 11:16 am

Hi,

This afternoon I was using the GuitarTricks android app for the first time. I was using cellular data (as there is no wifi available)... Somehow the app downloaded 693MBs in less than30 minutes while the quality was set to "mobile".

Is there a way to drastically reduce this without switching to wifi?

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
08/10/2017 5:33 pm

Hi Koerky,

As you already know, streaming video takes a bit more bandwidth than streaming music or browsing the web. And even if you do set the app to stream at the lowest quality, some of the videos are pretty lengthy, so that might have been it too. But using nearly 700mb at the lowest quality in less than 30 minutes sounds strange.

I would check if the app specifically used that much data or if it was a collective app data usage from all of your running apps in the background.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
larssonbfuhow
larssonbfuhow
03/19/2018 6:52 am

Check out how much memory is available on some phones.perhaps ,it could be that your phone is running out of memory , you can clean phone space ,or you can install this app for your phone , which was disigned to manage phone data for Android user , and the most important thing is that it can optimizes the phone space and device ,

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.