Slow down on song tutorials.

stirlinghamilton
Full Access
stirlinghamilton
Full Access
02/17/2017 2:56 am

Instructors need to take it a litte slower regarding finger placement and actualy spend some time on strum patterns. I usually have to search for other lessosn for songs on youtube and then combine everything I learn from differnt sources. It would be great to get everything I need from one video. Thanks!

# 1
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
02/21/2017 5:45 pm
Originally Posted by: stirlinghamilton

Instructors need to take it a litte slower regarding finger placement and actualy spend some time on strum patterns. I usually have to search for other lessosn for songs on youtube and then combine everything I learn from differnt sources. It would be great to get everything I need from one video. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, stirlinghamilton. If you haven't seen them, our 'Songs Made Easy' section has popular songs that are really slowed down and simplified for beginners. Those can be found here:https://www.guitartricks.com/songs.php?input=beginners

# 2
alffvdh
Full Access
alffvdh
Full Access
02/21/2017 6:48 pm

Quite often I refer to the notation (I actually write it down in a book) to confirm that what my eyes see is actually what the tutor is playing, solo notes wise. It helps me a lot!!!

Wouldn't help with the strum pattern unfortunately.

# 3
Pinkpam
Pinkpam
04/02/2017 12:14 am

I actually do the same as alffvdh. I write down the notes / notation along with tablature in a notebook. That way i can go back and practice. I cant always keep up with the tutorials because i also find they need to slowed down, especially since i am new at it. It seems to help me somewhat anyway.

Pam

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.