Song Progress

johnv31552
johnv31552
02/11/2017 8:55 pm

I notice that there isnt any way to allow a students to delete songs from progress. Is that a fix that's coming soon? Also I noticed that you can put songs in favorites and take them out, but I also noticed that when I went to put in the song Wonderful World by Sam Cooke into my favorites it doesnt list the song, it simply lists it as jam along or performance.I am trying to use favorites as a list of all the songs I have mastered and know how to play. Thanks

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/14/2017 1:18 am

Hi John,

Songs and lessons cannot be removed from your progress page as this is in place to keep track of the lessons viewed and all material related to your progress with GT.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
markwarren
markwarren
04/11/2017 4:55 pm

I also wish I could remove lessons and songs from in progress. I just recently joined so the first day I was just looking at a bunch of lessons and song just to check out the site and now my progress shows I have been involved in learning so much and that is not the case at all. I was just checking everything out before I started.

# 3
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
04/12/2017 12:08 am

I share the same sentiment as Mark and John, and agree that it would make it far more convenient for us students if we had some sort of "Song list management tool".

I like John's idea of having a "Mastered" tab, alongside a "Learning" or "In Progress" tab, along with Marks' suggestion to add, delete, and presumably list by band which is how I like to learn them.

While we're specing out this new feature I'd find it most useful if we could build a little playlist of the Jam Along tracks for each song we're learning and that we've mastered. Programatically the developer could simply take the last lesson (or two lessons) from the song as the jam track, unless the database has a flag to identify which is which.

All in all, it's not really helpful when I try to revisit a song I just started working on last week to "lock it in", and go to my recent lessons or history and am innundated with the dozen or two of the song I'm learning this week and not being able to find it by title.

This is the first I've used the website, and enjoy the search features to find songs by artist, but that feature would be so useful in the iOS app (iPad, AppleTV and iPhone)

Thanks for listening, this is fantastic stuff you've got here.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.