Notation within the lession

tonydig11
tonydig11
10/16/2016 4:12 pm

I am 1 week into Guitar tricks. In the first few lessions the notation was on the bottom of the video. All of a sudden Lisa says go ahead and print it out. This is a drag as printer ink is not cheap and I have to print out sometimes 6 sheet to play a song I will never most likely play again. What not have the notation scroll along in this lessions?
# 1
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
10/17/2016 6:29 pm

Hi Tony - The notation should still be under the video for all lessons, so you shouldn't need to print it out to see it. There's a tab called 'Notation' right under the video that you click.

If a particular lesson has a long notation file, one tip is to click the "Open In New Window" link, right above the notation. This will let you have the video and notation open side-by-side so that you can see more of the notation.
# 2
tonydig11
tonydig11
10/18/2016 12:15 am

I knew this would be the answer I would get. You would think you would think of us beginners. I know I can open the notation up. Then I have to scroll take my hands off of the guitar. if it just SCROLLED along with the viedo this would be a great help.
# 3
callahan09
callahan09
10/20/2016 9:04 pm

I agree it would be nice to get a scrolling tablature feature that follows along with the song while you play. Some of the songs, even the early ones, are long enough that I can't pull them up and put them all side by side and actually get it all visible on screen at once. It makes it really tough to play along. I really like Guitar Pro 6 tab software and Songsterr.com with the feature that scrolls it along when you press play. But it could be even better with the videos on this site. The thing that got me confused was, the first few songs you learn in the intro lessons, they DO put the tab at the bottom of the screen to play along with. Then, when it gets a little more complex and you actually need it so you know where the chord changes come in, they no longer do it. I think that you should do it. Maybe you could even do it as like a subtitled feature that you can enable/disable, so it'll put the tab under the screen as you play along, putting the next section you're supposed to play up there as you go through the video, and you can enable it or disable it like closed captions?
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.