Bad news regarding jimi hendrix songs

Guitar Tricks Forum > Guitar Tricks Site > Bad news regarding jimi hendrix songs

Steve Barrow

Full Access

Hey Jon, just a thought. Is it possible that key segments of Tom and Anders' Hendrix lessons could still be shown in the 'Techniques' section without breaching the copyright restrictions which apply to complete songs? I agree with Rich Maggio that it is a real shame to lose their wonderful lessons. Best wishes, Steve

Hey Jon, just a thought. Is it possible that key segments of Tom and Anders' Hendrix lessons could still be shown in the 'Techniques' section without breaching the copyright restrictions which apply to complete songs? I agree with Rich Maggio that it is a real shame to lose their wonderful lessons. Best wishes, Steve

Geekydaddy

Maybe the license "pull" had something to do with the video game "Rocksmith" adding Jimi stuff ?

Maybe the license "pull" had something to do with the video game "Rocksmith" adding Jimi stuff ?

stratoplaya

I agree Steve.

Originally Posted by: Steve
Hi Jon,
I'm sad to hear the Hendrix news, especially as I hadn't realized that GT song licences may be short time-limited and may be 'in jeopardy of being taken down', as you say. Given the situation, wouldn't it be fairer for the GT Song List to include the dates at which each song licence is up for renewal? This might help people prioritise their practice program and avoid leaving them in the lurch.......
Regards, Steve

I agree Steve.

Originally Posted by: Steve
Hi Jon,
I'm sad to hear the Hendrix news, especially as I hadn't realized that GT song licences may be short time-limited and may be 'in jeopardy of being taken down', as you say. Given the situation, wouldn't it be fairer for the GT Song List to include the dates at which each song licence is up for renewal? This might help people prioritise their practice program and avoid leaving them in the lurch.......
Regards, Steve

stratoplaya

It's the reason I renewed my account today.

Originally Posted by: SMH99
Boooo! Can't you try harder? Ander's Jimi lessons are one of the reasons I stuck with GT for another year.

It's the reason I renewed my account today.

Originally Posted by: SMH99
Boooo! Can't you try harder? Ander's Jimi lessons are one of the reasons I stuck with GT for another year.

stratoplaya

The problem is not isolated. The same thing happened with Gary Moore a few years ago as I was in the middle of learning one of his songs.

Originally Posted by: Jon
Sorry I gave you guys the impression that this is something that might happen at any moment to other songs. That is not the case. This is an isolated problem just for songs written by Jimi Hendrix. There are no other songs in jeopardy of being removed, you don't have to plan your practice schedule around songs going out of license. Other than this, nothing bad is going to happen.

The problem is not isolated. The same thing happened with Gary Moore a few years ago as I was in the middle of learning one of his songs.

Sorry I gave you guys the impression that this is something that might happen at any moment to other songs. That is not the case. This is an isolated problem just for songs written by Jimi Hendrix. There are no other songs in jeopardy of being removed, you don't have to plan your practice schedule around songs going out of license. Other than this, nothing bad is going to happen.

bbzswa777

I can't help but notice that you said a few years ago.

But John said, "This is an isolated problem," as in this CURRENTLY is an isolated problem.

That's how I took it anyway.

I can't help but notice that you said a few years ago.

But John said, "This is an isolated problem," as in this CURRENTLY is an isolated problem.

That's how I took it anyway.

smokinjon

Full Access

Jimi must be rolling over in his grave

Sad to hear this, I'm sure Jimi loved to share his music, sadly others don't :(

I regret to have to tell you that we were unable to renew the license for our Jimi Hendrix song lessons. We're very sorry that we won't be able to provide you with those lessons anymore. We tried very hard to avoid this outcome, but we just weren't able to get the publisher to renew the license.

We hope you took advantage of the Jimi Hendrix contest we ran. We weren't able to tell you that the songs were in jeopardy of being taken down, but that contest was our way of giving you a hint to watch them now. The winner of the contest will be picked January 5.

We have some new songs from a different artist about to be announced in mid-January. That announcement will be as exciting as this one is sad. Hopefully, when we announce those new songs, you will be so happy you will be able to forgive this loss.

I'm really sorry I wasn't able to keep these great Jimi Hendrix songs for you. Please know that I really tried hard on this and I do everything that I can to get you great songs.

Jon

Jimi must be rolling over in his grave

Sad to hear this, I'm sure Jimi loved to share his music, sadly others don't :(

I regret to have to tell you that we were unable to renew the license for our Jimi Hendrix song lessons. We're very sorry that we won't be able to provide you with those lessons anymore. We tried very hard to avoid this outcome, but we just weren't able to get the publisher to renew the license.

We hope you took advantage of the Jimi Hendrix contest we ran. We weren't able to tell you that the songs were in jeopardy of being taken down, but that contest was our way of giving you a hint to watch them now. The winner of the contest will be picked January 5.

We have some new songs from a different artist about to be announced in mid-January. That announcement will be as exciting as this one is sad. Hopefully, when we announce those new songs, you will be so happy you will be able to forgive this loss.

I'm really sorry I wasn't able to keep these great Jimi Hendrix songs for you. Please know that I really tried hard on this and I do everything that I can to get you great songs.

Jon

maggior

Originally Posted by: stratoplaya

I guess they resolved that because they added a Gary Moore song just a couple of weeks ago..."Still got the Blues for you".

There are some insane parts of that solo at the end :).
Go here to check out some of my playing
Go here to check out some of my duo's work

Originally Posted by: stratoplaya

I guess they resolved that because they added a Gary Moore song just a couple of weeks ago..."Still got the Blues for you".

There are some insane parts of that solo at the end :).
Go here to check out some of my playing
Go here to check out some of my duo's work