Suggestions to See and Do in Nashville! Please!

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
09/02/2021 2:52 pm

In two weeks we will attending the concert of one of my all time favorite guitar heroes, Eric Clapton! We'll be going to his show in Nashville. So check mark next to one item on the bucket list!

Since it is a significant investment, especially timewise, we are going to make it at least a weeklong trip. It's a 12 hour drive to get to Nashville (from home in Omaha).

We're going to go through "horse country" in Kentucky on the way there.. We are going make a possible little "swing" south on the way home to spend a day in Memphis. We want to try and see Beale Street, Sun Studios, WDIA if it's still there.

But for the remaining days we are going to have in Nashville my wife and I would appreciate any suggestions for what you consider "must see" locations in Nashville. (Of course, I already have carved out time, to my wife's chagrin, Nashville guitar stores! Gruhn at the top of the list.)

Restaurants, clubs, recording studios, famous musical landmarks. Nothing is off limit. The only possible issue on anything is I am limited in the distance I can walk. But I'll sort that out. Suggest away!

Please suggest anything you think we might find interesting in Nashville. Thank you.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 1
mjgodin
mjgodin
09/02/2021 10:25 pm

Never been there other than just passing through with my parents when I was young, but it is in my bucket list. If I were to go I would visit the grand ole oprey. There are shows weekly so maybe you could score some tickets and I believe they have tours backstage. Also the country music hall of fame is there. Downtown section is where you'll find all the honky tonks. Some of them owned by celebrities like Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley and even Kid Rock. There is an interesting little cafe called the Bluebird. Lots of singer songwriters like Taylor Swift were dicovered there and it was featured in the television show called oddly enough " Nashville". Ask the locals. They'll tell ya all about it.

Finally if your hoping to get discovered yourself and want to bring some of your own demos "music row" is where all the recording studios are. Concierge will help you find it I'm sure. [br][br]

Have fun and don't forget to let us know how it went. [br][br]

moe

# 2
matonanjin2
matonanjin2
09/19/2021 10:46 am

moe, thanks for responding. You're the only one willing to take the time to do so. Taking off this morning. Those items you mentioned are on the to to list.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 3
Brightsun64
Brightsun64
11/21/2023 2:28 am

That's amazing! Eric Clapton is a legend, and attending his concert must be a dream come true. Some of the best things to do in Nashville include visiting the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, exploring the bars and live entertainment on Broadway, and checking out some of the cool and unusual attractions like George Boedecker's Sculpture Garden. There are also many other museums, parks, and historic sites to explore in Nashville. I hope you have an incredible time in Nashville and enjoy every moment of the show. Maybe you can share some highlights with us afterward. Rock on!

# 4
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
11/21/2023 4:20 am

EDIT - Holy crap, I must be losing it…  the original message was dated 2021 :P so my message is not only “a bit late” but quite an ‘effin lot late.

Hi matonanjin2-

Sorry - probably a bit late.  I’ve been away for a bit.  You may have already gone…

For Guitars-

1. Carter’s Vintage Guitars (last time I was in there, Billy Gibbons walked in the door)

2. Gibson Factory Store

3. Gruhn’s Guitars

Touristy stuff

1. The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson’s Home)

2. Belle Meade (there’s a winery there now too.  Take note of the ruby colored glass over the front door)

3. Tennessee State Capital Building and museum

4. Frist Art Museum

5. Beer Sellar (ok - not touristy but still a stop for me

Now that Rotier’s has closed, I’ve lost my favorite burger place, but there are plenty of others

Rumble Walrus

edited
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.