Where to begin

Mrdime
Mrdime
12/01/2021 2:47 am

I would consider myself a somewhat intermediate guitarist I know chords and stuff like that but I only know the pentatonic scale and I can also play some songs and solos but I'm new here and I wanna better myself and learn some thing possibly music theory where should I start like what lessons to watch and stuff

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/01/2021 12:29 pm

Hey & welcome!

Originally Posted by: Mrdime

I would consider myself a somewhat intermediate guitarist I know chords and stuff like that but I only know the pentatonic scale and I can also play some songs and solos but I'm new here and I wanna better myself and learn some thing possibly music theory where should I start like what lessons to watch and stuff

What chords do you know?

What songs & solos?

What are your goals?

What style of music do you want to play?

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
jonathankoudelka
Full Access
jonathankoudelka
Full Access
12/06/2021 1:50 pm

Mrdime, your description is exactly how I would describe myself. I watched guitar fundamentals 1 in 2x speed. It took me about 2 weeks to watch the entire thing given my schedule. I found guitar fundamentals one had little for people like us, but I have the comfort of knowing that there isn't some golden nugget I would otherwise have missed. It is for abosolute beginers. I was tempted to skip fundamentals two go to the experienced lessons, but I am not going to. Although the techniques also seem to be lower than where I am, I again don't want to miss any golden nuggets. I suggest watching both fundamentals in 2x to see if your more advanced than that. That way you know you're not missing any foundation peices. Then move on to Exp. Lessons. Don't forget there is a Music Theory collection. As for me though, I would rather read music theory than watch a video.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.