Playing back in black

Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Discussion > Playing back in black

ChristopherSchlegel

Guitar Tricks Instructor

Originally Posted by: snpfarm
My whole intentions were to say that if Malcom or Angus were making that kind of stretch then their hands are way out of portion to their stature. I have to jump back and forth to make it work.

You can see pretty clearly how Malcolm played the riff in a couple of spots in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory

My whole intentions were to say that if Malcom or Angus were making that kind of stretch then their hands are way out of portion to their stature. I have to jump back and forth to make it work.

You can see pretty clearly how Malcolm played the riff in a couple of spots in this video.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

ChristopherSchlegel

Guitar Tricks Instructor

Originally Posted by: Herman10

To come back to the PO 's issue, easy work around;

A--2------2------2------2-2

e -----4-------5------6--

same note but little different sound and nobody will really hear the difference.

Good observation! When I've played the song live I alternated between the original fetting & these these options to keep it interesting.

|-------------------------------|

|--2----2--0--2--1--2--2----|

|-----4-------------------------|

|--7--4--7--5--7--6--7--7--|

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Originally Posted by: Herman10

To come back to the PO 's issue, easy work around;

A--2------2------2------2-2

e -----4-------5------6--

same note but little different sound and nobody will really hear the difference.

Good observation! When I've played the song live I alternated between the original fetting & these these options to keep it interesting.

|--2----2--0--2--1--2--2----|

|-----4-------------------------|

|--7--4--7--5--7--6--7--7--|

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

JeffS65

Full Access

Originally Posted by: DraconusJLM

I can't get a photo of my Gretsch to upload but this is the website; mine has Orange stain:

https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/hollow-body/g5420t-electromatic-hollow-body-single-cut-with-bigsby/2506011512

I would have gone for a 6120 but can't really justify the spend on top of my Strymon addiction :)

First, I love the orange and was thinking of a full hollowbody (but also want a Danelectro but ultimately aiming for a Gibson Firebird...soooooooo). I do think the Electromatics hold up really, really well. I've said it before but when I bought my Electromatic (solid body, single cut Jet BT in Jade) I wasn't intending on buying one. I just played it and loved the feel. I still do.

Originally Posted by: DraconusJLM

I can't get a photo of my Gretsch to upload but this is the website; mine has Orange stain:

https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/hollow-body/g5420t-electromatic-hollow-body-single-cut-with-bigsby/2506011512

I would have gone for a 6120 but can't really justify the spend on top of my Strymon addiction :)

First, I love the orange and was thinking of a full hollowbody (but also want a Danelectro but ultimately aiming for a Gibson Firebird...soooooooo). I do think the Electromatics hold up really, really well. I've said it before but when I bought my Electromatic (solid body, single cut Jet BT in Jade) I wasn't intending on buying one. I just played it and loved the feel. I still do.

snpfarm

Full Access

Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Thanks Chris!! Got a great shot of Mal moving his hand back and forth. I've always liked watching Mal play that Gretch. Looks bigger than him. IMO I think he was one of the best rhythm guitarist.

This trying to get my left hand and right hand to work together is driving me crazy!

Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Thanks Chris!! Got a great shot of Mal moving his hand back and forth. I've always liked watching Mal play that Gretch. Looks bigger than him. IMO I think he was one of the best rhythm guitarist.

This trying to get my left hand and right hand to work together is driving me crazy!

ChristopherSchlegel

Guitar Tricks Instructor

You're welcome. Malcolm is a legend for sure. :)

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

You're welcome. Malcolm is a legend for sure. :)

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor