TONE!

manXcat
manXcat
11/24/2020 10:30 pm

T O N E Just wow. Rock lovers, you've just got to watch this. P90's on a Les Paul rule! I'd buy that model Les Paul in a heartbeat. And supported by my other favourite instrument, a Tele.

[br]Came across this a couple of days ago and have to share in, and for, appreciation.

Divinyls, LIVE performance from '93. Knew the song then, but newfound appreciation upon seeing this clip.

[br]One of those magnetic, truly great rock songs to my ears in so many respects, it has it all. Although this is an old clip in 4:3 aspect and just 480p res, the stage performances and audio here (for You Tube audio) blew me away. Note: I was listening through studio monitors.

Drummer and bass player just locked in so tight, the lead from Mark McEntee on his P90'd Les Paul and support from whoever that is on the Tele rhythm. What a performance!

Good as Chrissy was with her vocals and stage(d) antics, it was impossible for my ears not to focus on McEntee, his solo I wished would go on forever. And those P90s. Just wow! Is that the ultimate Les Paul!???

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
11/25/2020 5:59 pm

This is a great clip! Thank you for sharing this link!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
bbriant
bbriant
11/27/2020 8:02 am

To quote Ronny Wood "Yer"

I had humbucker size p90s on one of my les Paul copies they were a bit bright for me. in hindsight i probably had the wrong capacitor with them, going to try them in my Les Paul 70s tribute with a 47uf capacitor?

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.