Order of learning the styles of music

Philip Charles
Philip Charles
09/13/2020 8:01 pm

Hi !,

I started learning guitar as a beginner and came to the level of intermediate finishing all fundamentals of guitar lessons 1 and 2.

According to the website, the next part which guides me to learn is the blues, & learnt some of the lessons in blues ( I'm having an acoustic guitar not electric, the instructor who is teaching blues having an execellent electric guitar suitable to play blues) and felt that the sound created in my accoustic guitar is not pretty good than the electric guitar for playing blues

I would like to pause learning blues for some weeks and would like to learn the acoustic, which is the last category in the website.

The question is, do the order of category of lessons in the website is arranged in a systematic order to learn step by step or shall I pickup a category in between and learn it, as my selection is to pickup acoustic before learning other above categories?

Thanks

S.P.Charles

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
09/13/2020 9:06 pm

As I perceive and understand it, GT Fundamentals has been structured to develop the basic skills foundation, like Arithmetic in elementary school is to higher school Algebra, Calculus, Trigonometry & Mechanics. Once a comprehension of the basics has been accomplished, you are set to explore and learn any of those different paths in pretty much any developmental order, each of which have their own further Mathematical conventions and practical purpose in application.[br][br]'Muscial Math' is the similar. The more genre specific structured Blues, Country, Rock or Acoustic Level 1 & 2 courses here on Guitar Tricks can be approached in any preferred order.

So my advice would be to branch out next in whichever of the musical genre direction/s interest and appeal to you most, which you are equipped for instrument wise, and which will contain and develop useful skills in the musical genre you ultimately intend to pursue most passionately.

The order doesn't matter for the four courses here.

e.g. For me, that has been (Classic) Rock. I'm also interested in popularised Bensonesque style smooth Jazz, which I understand is the most challenging of all popular genres and so will eventually lead me to get around to the Blues as its foundation. For now I'm totally focussed upon developing my Rock skills, with demonstrable time/performance objectives.

All the best.

# 2
Philip Charles
Philip Charles
09/14/2020 12:06 am

Thank you for ur simple explaination, I'll start to work hard on the style that I like the most first.

Thanks

S.P.Charles

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.