Customer support is unacceptable

jpfelgueiras
jpfelgueiras
08/03/2020 9:35 am

I sent an email more than month ago for admin@guitartricks.com and got no answer.

For what they are charging the customers this is unacceptable.

# 1
matonanjin2
matonanjin2
08/03/2020 10:24 am

this is completely contradictory to my experience with Guitar Tricks customer service. Just last week I spoke with Alex in customer service and had very acceptable help. But I have never dealt with customers service by email; only by phone.

I find it curious that your issue is significant enough that you complain here but don't follow up after a month with now response. There is this little issue called a pandemic. I don't know where Guitar Tricks is headquartered. I don't know if they are in a "hot zone" nor do I know if they are working from home.

You might try posting this issue in the "Guitar Tricks Site" subforum rather than "Open Discussion". Give them another chance. I'm sure it will get resolved to your satisfaction.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 2
jpfelgueiras
jpfelgueiras
08/03/2020 1:17 pm

To start, we can't say that guitar tricks is cheap. So, when I pay premium I expect premium.

Some companies, that are well-prepared, wore able to put their workers on remote/home working without major impacts for their customers.

At least, a message explaining that there are delays in customer support and when should I expect the response.

The problem isn't about the site but about the apps

# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/03/2020 1:39 pm
Originally Posted by: jpfelgueiras

I'm not admin or customer support, I'm just one of the instructors.

But I can forward any concerns, issues or questions you have to the admin. I'm not sure how or why your email was not answered.

Exactly what is the nature of the problem you are experiencing?

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
08/03/2020 1:42 pm

Uhm... I neither cannot agree with that statement. Got my answer the next day when I needed it. Not even a full day to be honest.

I am here for more than 3 years as well so yea...

What is the problem? Mayone someone around here will know the answer or can help you.

Also I did not send any emails.

I have used this:

https://support.guitartricks.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Maybe you should try it as well/

# 5
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
08/03/2020 6:05 pm

I sent an email more than month ago for admin@guitartricks.com and got no answer.

For what they are charging the customers this is unacceptable.

I'm sorry to hear about this! I checked and found that both of your emails sent to support were answered within 1-2 hours of us receving them. It's possible you may have just missed them. We sent you an email earlier this morning by the way!

Also keep in mind that our support runs on Pacific Standard Time, so that may be a factor.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 6
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
08/03/2020 6:41 pm

To start, we can't say that guitar tricks is cheap.

GT is cheap looking at everything you get and the quality of instruction offered.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 7
matonanjin2
matonanjin2
08/03/2020 8:25 pm
Originally Posted by: William MG

To start, we can't say that guitar tricks is cheap.

GT is cheap looking at everything you get and the quality of instruction offered.

William, I'm so glad you addressed this part of his message. I was going to; addressed his other part; and then decided i had said enough.

Less than $100 for all the lessons and instruction and song transcriptions! Less than $10 a month.! GT isn't cheap. It is ridiculously cheap!

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 8
DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
08/06/2020 2:33 am
Originally Posted by: matonanjin2GT isn't cheap. It is ridiculously cheap!

I agree! Even at full price, less than $200/year for virtually unlimited lessons. I know there is a different sort of value associated with personal lessons, but with personal lessons you get 30 - 60 minutes of an instructor's time each week, and once your lesson is done, it's gone! Hope you took notes and really paid attention and absorbed everything because it's gone, baby! You can ask questions next week, of course, but you're using time that you are paying for to ask for clarification of something you already paid money to get the first time. And how much are you paying? Well, if you are doing 60 minute lessons you are probably paying more per month than you are paying for the entire year of GT.

With GT, I can take a lesson again and again. I can review it weeks or months later. If there's something that's not clear, I can ask the entire community here, or ask the instructor here, for free! I can even post a video or pictures to get feedback. I can get as much feedback here as I would get from a personal instructor. I can get that feedback from multiple people who have gone through the same experience and have worked through the same issues.

It sounds like the responses to the OP may have gotten blocked by a spam filter or something like that, which is unfortunate, but I agree that it's a bit disingenuous to report an issue, then wait a month before coming to complain. Sometimes life gets in the way for all of us though, so I can understand how things could happen and I can't be too critical. Hope the issue has been resolved!

Dave...

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

# 9
alamogeorge
alamogeorge
08/08/2020 4:17 am

"Let me not look into the root cause of my complaint before putting the company on blast just in case it turns out that they did their job and something else caused my beef."

I too had fast and helpful customer service.

# 10
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
08/08/2020 6:24 pm

To start, we can't say that guitar tricks is cheap. So, when I pay premium I expect premium.

Some companies, that are well-prepared, wore able to put their workers on remote/home working without major impacts for their customers.

At least, a message explaining that there are delays in customer support and when should I expect the response.

I just sent an email and got a response with a fix... all within six minutes. On a weekend.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.