Help with finger position

ltsourovakas
ltsourovakas
06/02/2020 4:41 pm

All, I'm new to the guitar and thus a beginner! I love on Guitar Tricks is helping me to learn as a beginner. However, I as having a lot of difficulty with finger positions and getting them in place. Any suggetions as its very frustrating.

Thank you!

Lou T

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
06/02/2020 6:44 pm

Hi Lou and welcome.

Is the problem they just won't stretch into position? If so it takes a lot of time to get them limbered up and will come with practice. In my case there were chords that required me to literally stretch my pinky down to the required fret.

A slow deliberate pace with scales or something called a spider exercise will help.

Good luck

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
ltsourovakas
ltsourovakas
06/02/2020 8:19 pm

Thank you William,

Exactly, they won't stretch into position. The spider exerice is what I'm trying to do. I was wondering if there was any other type of stretching exercise. Thank you for getting back to me. :)

Lou T

# 3
mjgodin
mjgodin
06/02/2020 10:02 pm

Hi and welcome. I can't seem to paste the link but since your now a full subscriber you have access to the complete forum. Which means go to main page then scroll way down. You'll see in full access section where you can ask instructors directly any question. In Lisa's area you'll see the first thread is on a listing of her tutorials. Scroll way down again and you'll see she has some lessons on finger exercises. I believe this is what your looking for. Follow these lessons and keep doing the spider legs. Make it part of your practice routine from here on out and it will get easier. Again sorry for not being able to link it. In my old career I was a computer tech yet my skills have sadly evaded me over the years. Hope this helps.

Moe

# 4
ltsourovakas
ltsourovakas
06/04/2020 3:37 pm

Thank you all.. I'll hang in there!

Lou T

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.