Blues songs to learn

Fraser M
Fraser M
05/23/2020 12:49 am

Hi All

I have just gone through the level 1 blues style course. I am looking for some songs to keep all the stuff in my head to learn.

Any recomendations?

Much appreciated!

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/23/2020 1:16 am

One of my favorite songs and one that is not too challenging is Born under a bad sign. It's not here but if you are interested, I can find the link to the video lesson that I used.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
Fraser M
Fraser M
05/23/2020 3:49 am

Hey William,

That would be brilliant, cheers!

# 3
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/23/2020 11:37 am

This is the one I used.

https://youtu.be/UX7EMsdLM9Y

There are many variants. He has tabs on his video but I found it easier for me to follow by writing out my own

This is a really fun song to play along to. I made a backing track with no rhythm guitar on

karaoke-version.com

I use this site to make all my backing tracks for songs I am learing to play.

A new addition to Chrome is "Transpose". This allows us to loop any section of a YouTube video. So once I have a backing track made, I upload it to YT and I can practice along 1 section at a time so that my timing is in step with the song. I find this very important. As beginners I think we can cut ourselves some slack for not being perfect on chords, but if our timing is out it will really sound bad.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 4
matonanjin2
matonanjin2
05/23/2020 2:56 pm

I just want to second William MG's recommendation of

https://www.karaoke-version.com/

As William said, he uses this site to make all of his backing tracks. So do I. It took me a while to realize this site has two different versions of all of its tracks. But I am a little slower than most.

You can just purchase their "regular" backing track for any song. Purchase it; download it, and you're done.

But if you caught William's phrasing, "I made a backing track with no rhythm guitar on........" The site also has what it calls "custom" backing tracks. For a ridiculously small additional fee ($1?) you make a custom backing track that you change as many time as you want.

Using the example of "Born Under a Bad Sign" there are two guitar parts, lead and rhythm, vocals, and rhythm section. Assuming you are learning the rhythm guitar, you can download the full version with everyone playing and play along. Then, when you feel confident, you can go back and take the rhythm guitar out and play along with you providing rhythm guitar. Feel really confident?

Different key? Change the key and download it! You can modify the backing track just about ad infinitum.

This is a really fun learning tool that perhaps doesn't get discussed enough on these forums. And it is a very rare song that they don't have a backing track for.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.