I want to get my daughter started

jessfindlayy
jessfindlayy
01/22/2020 11:25 pm

She's 6 now and I would like to get her started so I got her a little 4 string ukelele for now since she's too small for a 3/4 acoustic.

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything but is there a section for ukelele learning? Or what would be the best way to translate my acoustic learning to her ukelele learning?

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/23/2020 5:47 pm

Hi Jessfindlayy,

I'm so glad that you're interested in getting your daughter started on learning how to play. We do not have ukulele lessons. Our lessons are focused on 6-stringed guitars.

A guitar and a ukulele are also tuned different in addition to the differences in the number of strings. Translating your acoustic guitar learning to her ukulele learning would be a little different since ukulele uses different fingers to play the same chords, etc.

I suggest looking up some ukulele chords and going about it that way.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
danhouse7
danhouse7
01/30/2020 12:05 am
Originally Posted by: jessfindlayy

She's 6 now and I would like to get her started so I got her a little 4 string ukelele for now since she's too small for a 3/4 acoustic.

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything but is there a section for ukelele learning? Or what would be the best way to translate my acoustic learning to her ukelele learning?

The Baritone Ukulele has a similar tuning to a Guitar, with the missing lower strings 5 & 6. It's a gateway instrument to the Guitar.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.