Need some advice on how to proceed.

Tsetsorin
Tsetsorin
04/13/2019 10:17 am

I just finished fundamental 2 and I'm really comfortable with much of what I learned.

I dont know how to continue using this website. The next step is to choose the style of music I guess? Theres just so many lessons available.

Fundamental 1 & 2 is straight forward for a beginner but the websites GUI doesnt really direct which way to go afterwards.

Any advice?

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
04/14/2019 4:15 pm

Hi there.

I don't mind sharing my outline .

My objective has always been to be able to just pick up a guitar and jam with other players regardless of genre. Meaning blues, rock, country. Mainstream stuff I guess that most people around here play and I grew up listening to.

I want to be able to play along to my favorite tunes .

I would like to be able to grasp the basic concepts of music theory so I had a better idea of how it all comes together.

So my practice outline consists of what I would describe as technical (notes, scales, chords, legato, bends, pull offs, etc...). Then I practice a song. That's the fun bit when it comes together and I can jam with band. The songs I learn are the songs I listen to.

I use 2 teaching services. Guitar tricks and Truefire. I plan my practice session a day ahead and keep learning more and more as time goes on.

Hope this helps.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
brother_hesekiel
brother_hesekiel
04/16/2019 4:30 pm

If you are really comfortable with Fundamentals 1 and 2, you may want to spend some time playing your favorite songs. Once you are ready to proceed to a higher level, you choose your genre, Blues, Country, or Rock, and take those classes. I personally will do Country 1 first, then Blues 1, then Rock 1, then Country 2, Blues 2, and Rock 2. Many kinds of music have elements from more than one genre, so it's good to learn all the basics.

You know the difference between a Rock guitarist and a Jazz guitarist?

The Rock guitarist plays 3 or 4 chords in front of thousands of people.

The Jazz guitarist plays thousands of chords in front of 3 or 4 people.

# 3
JeffS65
JeffS65
04/16/2019 6:59 pm
Originally Posted by: Tsetsorin

I just finished fundamental 2 and I'm really comfortable with much of what I learned.

I dont know how to continue using this website. The next step is to choose the style of music I guess? Theres just so many lessons available.

Fundamental 1 & 2 is straight forward for a beginner but the websites GUI doesnt really direct which way to go afterwards.

Any advice?

Here's a map page. This might help you with a direction (or multiple, for that matter):

https://www.guitartricks.com/beginner.php

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.