how is your schedule?

kieraing
kieraing
05/19/2018 6:53 am

Do you follow a routine when you practise?[br]do you practise at all or you are just playing?

a friend of mine has been playing the guitar for many years but he never practised certain things, he is really good at playing songs by ear but his technique needs a lot of work but he doesnt really care because he is having fun anyway,[br]i dont try to play songs like he does, instead i am practising many hours to develop my technique and i am having fun too. [br]Do you enjoy practising?

this is what i am doing, i am thinking where i am weak at[br]and i spend the next days trying to improve that.[br]Now i am practising on these:

1)Finger picking[br]2)Rhythm guitar[br]3)Double stops[br]4)Technique (bends, vibrato, pull-off, hammer on, slide)[br]5)Arpeggios[br]6)Finger exercises

what do you practise?

# 1
lumusislight
lumusislight
08/23/2018 4:59 am

Hi

I practice when I have a chance. It's randomly, not a schedule or anything the like. And perhaps that's the reason for the slow progress... With all the arrends, I just can't make a decent schedule and stick to it.

Carol Loomis

Lumusislight Carol L

write paper for me

# 2
manXcat
manXcat
08/23/2018 6:47 am

Both.

I'm fortunate enough to have plenty of available time, so most days I get in two practise sessions of 45~60 min duration ea av, sometimes more if I include ad hoc sessions which could be anything from a couple of 15~20 min passing pickups or a single 30 min.

I try to get in at least one specifically tasked practise session early each day. I usually discipline it to be the first A. because I'm a morning person, and B. in case something comes up and I don't get to do another that day. The other session will be random. It could be related to the earlier session or totally do as I please. Ad hocs might be either. Reinforcement of something specific, or just free reign.

I tend to have a play-free rest day only when I need to be away from home, a pre-committment interferes with time available, am biorythmically flat and feel in need of a day off, fatigued or unwell. I don't really have to discipline myself to practise as such as a natural enthusiasm seems to be maintained by still just enjoying the learning journey and the playing, all of it. I'm sure I'll inevitably plateau at some stage where I just have to work through the phase with determination and self-discipline, but not yet. It's only nine months since I bought my first guitar and started, so still early days. Tempus fugit.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.