imroving

epalf
epalf
05/12/2018 8:17 pm

Hello All.

I joined a couple of months ago now and would just like to say how much I'm enjoying it and hopefully improving.I've finished fundamentals 1 and a little way through 2 learning scales at the moment. I'm not sure about the rest of you beginners but it's not so much a finger thing with me but a memory thing, It just seems a repetition, repetition thing, then it finally sinks in. I certainly find it helps playing and learning something along to a metronome without the pressure of a song or the band really helps me. then once I think I've cracked it at the right tempo giving it a go.

I learned and played along to the easy version of The Thrill is Gone the other day and what a sense of achievement that was, Might not seem much but I was elated.

I plan to go back to fundamentals 1 and review everything I think I might of learnt (or not) once I've finished 2 and then through 2 again just as a recap before I decide what route to take next,

So would just like to say thank you to GT for the wonderful structure and especially to Lisa for the format of the lessons. After God knows how many years I'm finally improving, enjoying it and not so frustrated.

Eric

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/14/2018 5:14 pm

Hi epalf,

You're absolutely correct in saying that it's all about repetition. Constant practice is the only way you're going to learn the right way. I'm so glad you gave some of our made easy songs a shot, they're a great way to practice chords.

Thank you for the kind words, and as always, let us know if you have any questions.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.