Stands???

Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Discussion > Stands???

do I need to put my guitar on a stand when i am not using it? Where can i get one for a reasonable price? I have checked a few places but they were all custom made for 2 guitars and i only have one.

do I need to put my guitar on a stand when i am not using it? Where can i get one for a reasonable price? I have checked a few places but they were all custom made for 2 guitars and i only have one.

Stands are unreliable, your prized guitar will gwt dusty, is prone to being knocked over, banged, some stands finishes will affect the finssh of some guitars. If the guitar leans on a stand with weight on the neck then trouble is sure to follow.

The best thing you can do is buy a good hard case that fits correctly.

Stands are about £10 - £40 - Case's start at about £45.

If you wan;t your guitar on display buy a wall mounted bracket, they are a little more safer. Most shops display their guitars this way.
While I'm sat here, Playin', I'm tryin' to free my mind!

Stands are unreliable, your prized guitar will gwt dusty, is prone to being knocked over, banged, some stands finishes will affect the finssh of some guitars. If the guitar leans on a stand with weight on the neck then trouble is sure to follow.

The best thing you can do is buy a good hard case that fits correctly.

Stands are about £10 - £40 - Case's start at about £45.

If you wan;t your guitar on display buy a wall mounted bracket, they are a little more safer. Most shops display their guitars this way.

THANKS! i know exactly what i am ghoing to get now.

THANKS! i know exactly what i am ghoing to get now.

At home I use a stand or wall mounted bracket, it's easy to pick up the guitar, otherwise i have to get my guitar out of the case.
Why is it bad for your guitar?
If you play it regularly the dust won't get a chance, and after playing you can use a cloth to polish her.
It's also nice to look at your guitar when your not playing it.
Cases i use for transport and storage at stage so no one touches my instrument.

At home I use a stand or wall mounted bracket, it's easy to pick up the guitar, otherwise i have to get my guitar out of the case.
Why is it bad for your guitar?
If you play it regularly the dust won't get a chance, and after playing you can use a cloth to polish her.
It's also nice to look at your guitar when your not playing it.
Cases i use for transport and storage at stage so no one touches my instrument.

RE:- martin spaans

I play everyday and do have a wall bracket for one of my guitars, and you do have a point about the dust etc. But not everyone plays everyday, and I like to expect the unexpected as to accidents that can and do happen to guitars on stands, the risk is increased if you have children who may be aware that the guitar is out of bounds but hey, kids are kids, visitors add to the risk, picking up guitars and at times not puting em back with the care or attention we do, the other half weilding a mean and moody hoover.

I'm luck I keep all my guitars in the lounge in cases out of the way and when playing it is no problem leaving the caes in the middle of the floor when that guitar is in use.

With regards to gigs the only thing to use is as you say a stand, unless you have the room to put a case at the side or back, depends on person to person I suppose

Were all different as our opinions will show but thats what makes us what we are in life and in music

RE:- martin spaans

I play everyday and do have a wall bracket for one of my guitars, and you do have a point about the dust etc. But not everyone plays everyday, and I like to expect the unexpected as to accidents that can and do happen to guitars on stands, the risk is increased if you have children who may be aware that the guitar is out of bounds but hey, kids are kids, visitors add to the risk, picking up guitars and at times not puting em back with the care or attention we do, the other half weilding a mean and moody hoover.

I'm luck I keep all my guitars in the lounge in cases out of the way and when playing it is no problem leaving the caes in the middle of the floor when that guitar is in use.

With regards to gigs the only thing to use is as you say a stand, unless you have the room to put a case at the side or back, depends on person to person I suppose

Were all different as our opinions will show but thats what makes us what we are in life and in music